Office and Administration
Advanced Client Care Coordinator & Medicaid Specialist
Cornerstone Christian Counseling is a vibrant, faith-based organization that places a high value on caring for our clinicians and clients well while pursuing excellence in all we do. Currently we are looking for a full time employee who will spend approximately 20 hours/week as an Advanced Client Care Coordinator and will spend approximately 12 hours a week as our Medicaid Specialist. If you enjoy connecting with others, being a voice of welcome and compassion, organizing and managing Medicaid requests, and are looking for a fun and energetic environment, this position may be for you!
Please review the below job description carefully and we will look forward to hearing from you if you believe you are a qualified candidate for this position.
Full Time (32 hours/week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Remote (ideally CO)
Start Date: October 1, 2022 or ASAP
Advanced Client Care Coordinator
- Acts as the first point of contact for all client needs both over the phone and over email.
- Is available on scheduled days and hours to answer phone calls that come into the main office, being an excellent listener to ensure each client’s needs are addressed in a professional and yet personal manner.
- Monitors Cornerstone general email account and responds to all client inquiries and scheduling requests promptly.
- Responds to all new client inquiries – providing information on Cornerstone and our counselors and being an effective listener in determining, together with the client, if Cornerstone will meet their individual needs.
- If and when the new client has determined they would like to begin scheduling sessions with a counselor, the Advanced Client Care Coordinator will work with the client to find the best counselor fit, provide instruction on intake paperwork processes and requirements and work to schedule sessions.
- Works with current clients on scheduling needs (new appointments, rescheduling, canceling), updating billing information, and other client needs.
- Supports our counselors in all aspects of administration, freeing the counselors up to do what they do best, meeting with clients.
- Uploads all client paperwork when submitted and sends client reminders before their session if paperwork has not been completed.
- Works with Hive, our project/task management system, to ensure all daily admin tasks have been completed.
- Ensures high level of client confidentiality, following all HIPAA regulations and standards.
- Attends weekly admin staff meetings.
- Communicates effectively with admin team members and counselors.
- Takes initiative to stay informed about policies, procedures and important client updates.
- Takes initiative to evenly share the workload among the team members during the day.
- Manages and oversees all elements of Medicaid processing.
- Manages the intake process for new Medicaid clients including checking eligibility and scheduling.
- Manages claim denials and rectifies EOBs.
- During Medicaid hours, manages Medicaid inbox and voicemail.
- Manages medicaid clients on the waitlist and follows up as necessary.
- Takes initiative to address problems and solutions in Medicaid processes.
- Takes initiative to create, refine and keep up to date a referral network of partners.
- Weekly checks service codes for billing and submits claims to Medicaid using Availity or similar service.
- Takes initiative to schedule meetings or contact Cornerstone leadership with improvements, goals, and feedback
- Monitors and manages Medicaid caseloads for interns.
- It is important as an employee of Cornerstone Christian Counseling that you believe in our mission, vision, and Statement of Faith.
- Mission: Helping people heal, grow, and thrive
- Vision: We will help bring about a world where people are healed, restored, redeemed, and set free.
- And Statement of Faith, found HERE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Team Player
- Driven Learner
- High Capacity
- Problem Solver
- Technologically savvy
- Assertive and kind
- Directive and demonstrates leadership abilities while managing program
- Ability to prioritize self-care
- ACCC Hours: Tuesday and Thursday-9:00-5:00, Wednesday-1:00-5:00
- Wednesday – Zoomies participation
- Medicaid Hours: Monday-9:00-3:00, Wednesday and Friday-9:00-12:00
Education, Licenses and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous billing and/or Medicaid processing experience is required (specifically CCHA).
- At least two years of related experience with customer or client care required.
- Related experience in the medical or behavioral health field required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. $200/year ergonomic stipend provided.
- Must have a secure/private working location as this role requires confidentiality and privacy of personal information.
- This position is a remote position that requires use of your own personal computer, smartphone and a high-speed internet connection in order to work in all of our cloud-based software programs.
The hourly rate for this position will be $17-18.50/hour based on related years of experience in this field. Medical, dental and vision benefits are available for this position, with a portion of the medical premiums being covered by Cornerstone. Other benefits include PTO, as well as small additional stipends for continuing education and/or ergonomics.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter letting us know why you think you’re the best candidate for the job to email@example.com. Because of the confidential information you will be privy to in this position, and due to the freedom you will have in being able to work remotely, references are requested with your resume and will be checked. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org