Development and Fundraising
Advancement Projects Associate
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Organizes, coordinates, and implements the varied projects and events of the Advancement Department of Denver Seminary. Functions as the key person in the implementation of the Advancement Calendar and corresponding communications.
- Develop plans and processes to effectively expand the reach of Denver Seminary through events in both virtual and in-person spaces including the President’s weekend, annual Golf Tournament, In Perspective panel events, etc.
- Direct, coordinate, implement, execute, manage and complete project or event plans, while maintaining alignment with Denver Seminary’s strategic framework, commitments, and campaign goals.
- Facilitate communication for all events to key internal or external stakeholders.
- Construct project plans for Advancement Office mailings including appeals and annual reports and administer workflow of all implementation processes.
- Coordinate with Vice President of Advancement to effectively manage discretionary budget and submit budget expansion and capitol requests.
- Maintain all project plans and ensure compliance with timeframe, calendar, and Advancement office budget.
- Work with the Director of Donor Relations on other projects and perform duties that further the reach of Denver Seminary.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in project and event management or public relations is required. 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Developed interpersonal skills. Ability and commitment to discern and maintain confidentiality.
- Adaptable and flexible decision-making skills; able to deal with dynamic situations.
- Strong detail orientation is required.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications related to project and event execution.
- Strong writing skills, editing skills, and proofreading abilities are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- A strong working knowledge of Blackbaud NXT or other equivalent CRM is preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
· Self-starter and self-motivated with a desire to take initiative in a busy environment.
· Able to relate well to diverse audiences.
· A team player.
· Able to give careful attention to administrative details, working through frequent interruptions.
· Accepts supervision, and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multitask and manage time.
· Innovative, flexible, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Exemplifies giftedness in creativity and collaboration.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professionally in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Advancement Associate supports this mission by ensuring:
OUTCOMES: All outcomes will be measured according to a variety of standards including, but not limited to, an increase in donor acquisition and retention.
- Furthering the voice of Denver Seminary through a broad range of well-executed events and projects.
- Curation of an improved donor experience through the events of Denver Seminary.
- An efficient and well-run office with projects completed effectively and on-time.
- Positive relationships established with both internal and external constituencies.
- Tasks well prioritized.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To Apply: See above website