Office and Administration
Alumni Administrative Assistant
Alumni Administrative Assistant
Do you thrive in a warm environment where there is a clearly defined process and your role requires someone with a friendly and approachable style? Would others describe you as reliable and accurate as well as calm and methodical? Are you able to manage multiple projects and stay on top of details? Do you love planning and coordinating events? Would others describe you as persistent?
If these statements describe you, we would love to talk to you about our Alumni Administrative Assistant!
At CrossPurpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization, affiliated with Providence Bible Church, and we believe that the non-profit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a Christian community on a mission to abolish all forms of poverty in Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on. We actively strive for diversity in our workforce. To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
CrossPurpose has been selected as one of 2021’s Best Places to Work by the Denver Business Journal!
The Alumni Association provides long-term case management and post-graduation care to program graduates so that they can maintain and advance their careers, grow personally and professionally, and engage in the mission of the organization by staying connected and giving back. We are a small but growing department looking for a dynamic team member who thrives on managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, planning & coordinating events and people, staying on top of the details, and has meticulous follow-up and persistence to execute regular surveying of our program graduates. The Alumni Administrative Assistant oversees and manages all aspects of the retention survey data collection process and analysis. Additionally, the Assistant will assist the Director of Alumni Services with various operations & administrative duties, as described below.
Retention Surveys & Data Management Responsibilities:
- Obtain employment retention data from program graduates by administering scheduled email surveys; follow-up using phone calls, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. to reach every graduate, ensuring 95% or more of graduates respond at six months, and 90% or more respond at 12 months.
- Manage and monitor retention results and data in Salesforce database.
- Send out survey payments to graduates after surveys are completed.
- Respond to individual graduates’ requests and concerns expressed in survey responses, and connect them with appropriate resources and people, including the Alumni Career Coach.
- Create accurate quarterly retention reports for the Executive Team review, and other reports, as requested.
- Update the retention survey schedule after each new class graduates.
- Manage and monitor the Alumni Dashboard in Salesforce; identify and report trends, outliers, and other valuable information to inform program and Alumni activities.
- Update Salesforce with graduates’ correct contact information, as needed.
Alumni Administration & Operations:
- Plan and coordinate alumni (including Change Agency) functions, meetings & projects, including arranging meeting rooms, food, materials & supplies, and communication with participants.
- Manage alumni calendar and coordinate with relevant parties to ensure clear communication and preparation of events and activities.
- Complete and submit all weekly departmental Expense Reports.
- Request and administer relief and scholarship funds to graduates based on assessed need.
- Manage the alumni Gmail and Facebook accounts to communicate with graduates.
- Update all alumni contact information in Gmail Contacts and Mailchimp after each graduation.
- Assist with tracking graduate value-added engagements using the Alumni CRM/Salesforce.
- Manage alumni swag inventory.
- Look for, create and share ways to make process improvements for greater efficiency.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
Community Development Activities:
- Develop relationships with graduates and Leaders currently in the program to facilitate transition into Alumni at the end of the program.
- Attend at least one Family Gathering dinner on Wednesday evenings each quarter.
- Attend all program graduation ceremonies.
- Attend and help facilitate reunions and other Alumni events, during weekend/evening hours, as scheduled.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive to detail, organized, high standards, initiative and relentless follow through
- Loves data: collecting it, analyzing it and presenting it in a way that is easy to understand quickly
- Great customer service and people skills
- Comfortable reaching anyone over the phone
- Loves using and improving processes and systems and working with people
- Responsible and accurate with managing finances and expense reporting
- Ability to work in a team environment, interact with management, direct service staff and clients to improve service delivery
- Ability to problem-solve, juggle multiple projects and initiatives at the same time, multi-task, complete work on time and work independently
- Microsoft Office and G Suite proficient
- Passionate for the CrossPurpose mission and values
- Employee must provide own working laptop (PC or Mac) and smartphone
Salary + Benefits:
- Starting Salary Range: $41,600 – $45,600 + potential 5% performance bonus
- PTO: 12 vacation/personal & 8 sick days per year, in addition to office being closed Christmas Day – New Years Day
- Insurance & Retirement Benefits: Health, dental, and vision (for employee & family), workers comp, unemployment, retirement matching, and short & long term disability