Development and Fundraising
Alumni Relations Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
The Alumni Relations Associate works closely with the Director of Donor Relations to manage and coordinate alumni initiatives, including development and implementation of alumni engagement strategies, implementation of substantive research related to alumni career outcomes, and raising Denver Seminary’s profile through dissemination of alumni stories and expansion of referral avenues.
- In conjunction with the Director of Institutional Research, work to identify alumni outcomes five, ten-, and fifteen-years post-graduation to determine how their education at Denver Seminary prepared them for their ministries and careers.
- Build a database of alumni stories that can be used cross-departmentally to share testimonies of God’s work through Denver Seminary students and graduates and determine a system by which these may be maintained and utilized.
- Manage avenues for alumni marketing, communications, and social media.
- Establish systems for alumni communications and engagement that may be maintained and are not department, person, or position-dependent in order to survive.
- Communicate regularly with alumni through phone, email, social media and alumni web-pages, to build relationships, seek referrals, and increase alumni giving and connection with the Seminary.
- Explore and implement potential new alumni engagement strategies
- Resource alumni to raise Denver Seminary’s profile, attract new students, and strengthen Denver Seminary’s alumni network.
- Help to increase percentage of alumni giving to Denver Seminary.
- Leverage functionality of Raiser’s Edge and Research Point to strategically engage alumni with targeted messaging.
- Maintain the health of the Ministry Residency Program through meeting with students and church staff members, speaking at prospective/new student events, creating and posting professional job descriptions on the Residency web page, and working with Student Accounts/Financial Aid to keep reliable financial records.
- Write and manage content for the Alumni Connection bi-monthly newsletter.
- Serve as the primary reference point for alumni through responding to questions to the alumni email, answering calls from alumni, and meeting with alumni as opportunities arise.
- Coordinate efforts to call alumni, along with advancement officers, to build relationships and raise giving.
- Generate a strong alumni social media presence for Denver Seminary through Facebook, LinkedIn and any future relevant social media platforms.
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement Services to coordinate efforts alongside events, communications, appeals, and other marketing related to alumni services.
- Assist cross-departmentally with alumni surveys to determine outcomes and provide improved resources for students and alumni.
- Determine and provide alumni-driven resources (website resources, and otherwise) that provide opportunities for alumni to stay connected to the Seminary and to benefit from the relationship.
- Maintain accurate data in alumni Raiser’s Edge records and oversee the transfer of students to the alumni records upon graduation.
- Create a pipeline to assist admissions through student referrals from alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in research and project management.
- Experience with donor development, fund-raising, and higher education a plus.
- Competent with social media and other communications technology.
- Ability to strategize, build, and implement constituent programs.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a team and cross-departmentally to develop and implement sustainable systems.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Innovative and strategic leadership with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Self-motivated and able to solve complex problems with little or no supervision.
- Relational leader, comfortable working with teammates, other departments, and volunteers.
- Servant’s heart, customer focused, and approaches work with professionalism and confidence.
- Organized, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented, and computer proficient.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Alumni Relations Associate supports this mission by:
Research and develop a database of stories and verified outcomes that identifies what Denver Seminary alumni are doing five, ten and fifteen years post-graduation. The purpose of this is to give testimony to the impact of Denver Seminary students and to tell the stories of how they are engaging the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. While we understand that not all of our graduates are engaged in redemptive endeavors, we believe that a high percentage are engaged in contexts where they are using their Seminary education to further the Kingdom of God. This is a compelling message for donors and potential students alike as they desire to support and enter into activities that they believe are worthwhile and show verifiable outcomes.
Additionally, this position will research, strategize, and launch a solid alumni engagement strategy and develop channels by which this can become an established system to ensure ongoing alumni efforts for continued involvement, expansion, depth of impact, and sustainability. The alumni engagement strategy will improve services to alumni by providing them with better resources and connections, expand the influence of Denver Seminary and support recruitment, and increase the Seminary’s financial base, through increased donor support, specifically ramping up the percentage of alumni who become regular donors.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.To Apply: See above website