AP of Worship and Family
Oak Grove Church (Shellsburg, IA) AP of Worship and Family
The Big Picture
Oak Grove Church (oakgrove.cc) is seeking an Associate Pastor of Worship and Family.
The purpose of Oak Grove Church is to “Reach, teach, and live out what it means to be wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ.” We carry out this vision by implementing our values through Christ-centered, Biblical teaching, prayerful leadership, nurturing and caring relationships, and utilizing our spiritual gifts in ways that assist the body and bring glory to the Lord. Oak Grove Church is a body of about 130 people that is poised to grow exponentially. We draw from quite a number of smaller towns, as well as parts of Cedar Rapids.
Oak Grove Church is seeking a full time Associate Pastor of Worship and Family Ministry, with priority given to family-equipping discipleship and majority engagement with 6-12th grade students and families. This pastor will also receive the leadership reins from our current volunteer music leader and devote time to developing our worship ministry further with the current leader and team’s support.
- Biblical pastor/shepherd leader recognized by abiding and increasing faith in Christ, the fruit of the Spirit, gives evidence of personal worship, evangelism, and discipleship.
- Teachable spirit, able to receive constructive criticism and apply it for personal development.
- Demonstrated track record for Word-centered equipping of Christians and reproducing disciple-makers.
- Passion for championing family-equipping discipleship.
- Passion to pastorally lead congregation in theologically rich music with creative musical expression.
- Desire to work with and take direction from Elders and Lead Pastor as part of a team environment to ministry.
- Agrees with Oak Grove Constitution and Bylaws, Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy of Ministry, and execution of the above.
- Some exposure, training, or experience in biblical counseling in agreement with the Biblical Counseling Coalition, the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, or the Christian Counseling and Education Foundation and a desire and willingness to pursue certification with ACBC or Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC) in a time frame to be agreed upon with the Lead Pastor and Elders (influenced by prior training and workload priorities).
Full-time position with $45,000-$51,000 (salary, housing, mileage, education) commensurate with education and experience.
Two-weeks paid vacation.
One-week paid conference leave with budget for expenses.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the AP at Oak Grove?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the AP at Oak Grove?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Oak Grove?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@LancasterSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com