This position will oversee all FCA activity in Jefferson, Clear Creek and Northern Park counties in Colorado, serving the FCA mission of leading every coach and every athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
The Director is responsible for growing the ministry by praying, staffing, and funding the area through the Advancement Lanes: Ministry, Board, Donor, Talent and International. The Director works in alignment with the Regional Vice President, staff, and board(s) to fulfill the FCA Vision, pursue the FCA Mission, and live the FCA Values by developing and executing a ministry plan for the assigned area. In the FCA Sports Environment(s) , the Director creates a strategic, consistent approach to discipleship — making disciples who make disciples. The Director is accountable for ensuring that the FCA ministry is conducted according to biblical standards and adhering to FCA policies and procedures.
FCA believes these responsibilities are critical to our mission and that this position plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects all functions and responsibilities outlined below to be carried out with a heart surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
- Agree with, and abide by, FCA’s Christian Community Statement .
- Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible study to seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA.
- Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff, volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study, worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve others.
- Be connected to and participate in a local church through worship and weekly involvement.
- At all times, conduct yourself in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. (see FCA’s Christian Community Statement for details )
- Ensure FCA is engaging, equipping, and empowering coaches, athletes, and volunteers through 1-on-1s, Huddles and events.
- Train and equip staff to empower coaches and athletes to be disciples who make disciples in the Sports Environments.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and developing effective and diverse staff.
- Recruit: Actively attract and recruit highly qualified staff prospects to specific ministry opportunities identified in the ministry plan.
- Hire: Select candidates, ensure they become fully funded, and onboard to fulfill specific roles and responsibilities based upon their calling, character, competence and chemistry.
- Train: Provide tools, resources and training to develop staff members’ skills and increase their capacity and competence to effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Develop: Prepare staff to lead self, lead others, lead teams and lead organizationally in their current roles and to grow spiritually, personally and professionally for future opportunities.
- Ensure the recruiting, training, and developing of volunteers is strategically aligned with the goal of growing the ministry in the Sports Environments.
- Invite, involve, and invest in leadership boards who are committed to pray, serve, and give to advance the ministry.
- Encourage Representatives to surround themselves with Advisory Teams.
- Serve as the chief fundraiser and financial manager.
- Provide tools, resources, and training for FCA staff to fund the ministry by connecting, communicating, and caring for donors.
- Establish and execute an annual budget and funding plan by training and developing staff in growing Home Teams, major donors, and events.
- Serve the aligned International Region by mobilizing staff and volunteers to pray, give, and go.