Associate and Assistant Pastors
Church Vision – First United Presbyterian Church exists to develop a community that seeks to follow Christ, love others, share the gospel faithfully and disciple the next generation of believers.
Position Overview – First Pres Moline is seeking a full-time Assistant Pastor to support the Senior Pastor and Session in all aspects of gospel ministry and church renewal work. Helping to equip the people of Christ for the mission of God in a post-Christian culture. This position includes a planned pathway towards an associate pastor after serving the church for a minimum of 12-months (pending evaluation).
- Oversee the Christian Education ministries of the church (Sunday School, Children’s Ministries, and Youth)
- Implement and administer the church’s ministry to Youth, including programming and volunteer recruitment/development.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing pastoral care for the parents of our youth and children
- Provide support and encouragement to the Children’s Director
- Work with Senior Pastor in overseeing Adult Education and Sunday School classes
- Teach regularly in a variety of settings
- Assist the Senior Pastor in building a new discipleship ministry vision, including leader recruitment and training
- Serve as a resource to small group leaders
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning seminars on relevant topics to the congregation
- Commit to regularly seek relationships with non-believers and to invest in a growing understanding of the larger community
- Preach on a regular basis (~10-12 times a year)
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing pastoral care and counsel, including visitor follow up, regular visits with members, and hospital visits
- Support staff, lay leaders, and members in the work of the church
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and other services as requested
- Assist the Senior Pastor in establishing regular shepherding patterns in alignment with church vision and values
- Regularly assist in leading worship, and administration of sacraments
- Assist with writing and implementing updated church policies and organization
- Assist in organization and implementation of church-wide events
- Assist in administrative support (meeting with volunteer team leaders, give direction and support, plan and ensure proper implementation of plans)
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Meet with Senior Pastor for ongoing prayer and development
- Attend session meetings in advisory role
- Perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the church
- Someone who loves Jesus and understands their own need for redeeming grace
- Ordained or ordainable as a Teaching Elder in the Rivers and Lakes Presbytery of the EPC
- In agreement with Reformed Theology as expressed in Westminster Standards
- Willing to serve God and His church in the ministry of church renewal
- Missionally-minded and understands dynamics of ministry in a post-Christian culture
- Strong working knowledge of church operational systems
- Able to work in a multi-generational congregation
- 1-3 years previous experience
- A grace-filled spirit, humble, flexible, with a Shepherd’s heart
- Team player who can work with different staff members and volunteer leaders
- Self-initiating, proactive, and diligent worker
Compensation – commensurate with experience with denominational benefits package including health, retirement, 4 weeks of vacation and 1 week study leave.
Our Church – First Pres Moline is a 125-year-old church located in downtown Moline, IL along the Mississippi River. Moline is one of the “Quad Cities.” The Quad Cities form a metro of over 300k people. It has a stable economy in engineering, manufacturing and several small colleges and universities. The church joined the EPC in 2016 to connect with other churches aligned with its theological convictions and practice. We hold a complementarian position regarding the office of elder yet have a diversity of theological convictions in non-essentials. We’re in a season of renewal and healing after some years of hardship. Any who apply should be excited about renewal work and have a desire to know and love the congregation.
To apply – please submit resume, PIF and audio/video teaching samples to email@example.com.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org