Accounting and Bookkeeping
Overall Purpose of Assistant Pastor:
To assist, support, and share any responsibilities delegated by Senior Pastor. To assist Senior Pastor in order for him to have his weekly study time and preparation for his sermons and on-going spiritual growth. To build effective team relationships with elders and church staff. To develop skills to handle any task of the Senior Pastor with the possibility of being key candidate for the Senior Pastor position at his retirement in 5 – 10 years.
Qualifications and Requirements of Assistant Pastor:
- Fulfill the biblical requirements for an overseer or shepherd from 1 Timothy 3: 1 -7; Titus 1: 5 – 9; 1 Peter 5: 1– 4.
- Have the ability and conviction to accurately handle and preach the entire counsel of God’s word over time as determined by Senior Pastor.
- Be committed to the call to equip the body to grow in maturity of using their gifts until all reach maturity in the faith (Ephesians 4: 11 – 16).
- Be in complete agreement with the Statement of faith of Bethel Community Church.
- Be willing to accept any task/duty delegated by Senior Pastor.
- Be in agreement with the Constitution of Bethel Community Church.
- Be devoted to strengthening Bethel and to fulfill its purpose of helping people become faithful followers of Jesus.
- Be committed to the daily disciplines of personal bible reading and prayer.
- Be committed to personal memorization and meditation upon the Scriptures.
- Attend occasional conferences and be committed to personal growth through reading and continual personal education.
- Minister to his own family to make sure each member of his family is becoming a faithful follower of Jesus.
- Be willing to work alongside and answer to the Senior pastor and the Board of elders.
Preaching/Teaching of Assistant Pastor:
- Be committed to the expositional preaching of the Scriptures through an exegetical and systematic approach intent on teaching the whole counsel of Scripture. (2 Timothy 4: 1 – 3; Acts 20: 27; & 2 Timothy 2: 15).
- Equip others to lead and be involved in teaching Scriptural truth for the Sunday services and in possible Adult Sunday School classes, as well as outside of Sunday morning worship services. Timetable to preach at Sunday services and outside teaching opportunities will be determined by Senior Pastor.
Discipleship of current and new members of Bethel Church for Assistant Pastor as determined by Senior Pastor:
- Utilize apologetics, Bible study and other biblically based tools to disciple people into becoming faithful followers of Jesus. Look for faithful people to invest in who will be faithful to invest in others (2 Timothy 2: 2).
- Develop a strategy to help people to think biblically and grow in a biblically based world view (Colossians 2: 6 – 8; 2 Corinthians 10: 3 – 5; Romans 12: 1 – 2).
- The focus of the Assistant Pastor shall be on discipleship including counseling as needed. (Matthew 28: 19 – 20; 2 Timothy 2: 2).
Shepherding responsibilities (1 Peter 5: 1 – 3) of Assistant Pastor as determined and mentored by Senior Pastor:
- Provide vision for the church body that encourages all to become more faithful followers of Jesus and equip them to help others do so.
- Model what it means to be a faithful follower of Jesus.
- Demonstrate a sincere love and concern for the flock through personal ministry of pastoral care.
- Spend time on a daily basis praying for the needs of the church body.
- Administer, along with elders and staff, the ordinances of baptism and communion.
- Oversee all types of worship services, including Sunday morning, special services, funerals, and weddings.
- Oversee outreach to the community that moves the demonstration of the gospel beyond the walls of the physical facility.
Administration responsibilities of the Assistant Pastor:
- Serve as a member of the elder team.
- Oversee the efforts and personal growth of staff members as directed by Senior Pastor.
- To supervise church staff as determined by Senior Pastor.