Associate and Assistant Pastors
First Baptist Church Lamar is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor who will assist the Lead Pastor in providing Spirit-led leadership that engages all generations in our mission and purpose. This position is open to experienced ministers and new graduates.
General Duties Include
- Assist the Lead Pastor in providing ministry in areas such as education, teaching, visitation, writing and counseling
- Assist the Lead Pastor in preaching, youth development, and community outreach
- One who has experienced Christ’s forgiveness and transformation and approaches the Scriptures in a literal, grammatical, and historical manner
- A willingness and desire to uphold the ABC Ethics Agreement and Constitution of FBC
- Demonstrated experience as a team player, specifically an ability to exercise creativity that complements leadership, and an ability to coordinate on a day to day basis with the Senior Pastor
- Digital/IT capable, with media production (video/audio development) experience, and a willingness train others and lead a media team
- Administrative abilities a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited Seminary or similar University preferred
About First Baptist Church:
First Baptist Church of Lamar is a healthy church of about 150 members. Our Mission is plant, grow, and multiply. The Church is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of the Rocky Mountains and the ABC-USA. Our purpose is the advancement of the Kingdom of God according to the teaching of Jesus Christ. We seek to obtain this through public worship services and the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is achieved through Christian education; missionary outreach and involvement; evangelism; fellowship; and the witness of our members through their daily life as followers of Christ. To learn more about us, and what we believe, visit our Website or Facebook page.
About Lamar, Colorado:
Lamar is a rural town with a population of 7,000 located on the southeastern plains of Colorado. The City offers many recreational amenities including parks, swimming pool, golf course, finishing ponds, skate park, and walking and bicycle loop. Lamar has an active Chamber of Commerce, city wide events, and a number of organizations and clubs for adults, children, and families. Lamar was recently ranked among the safest and most affordable places to live in Colorado.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is approximately $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience and education. The package includes retirement benefits as well as continuing education and professional development stipends. The position is structured as an initial 2 or 3 year contract with the opportunity for renewal.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and testimonial essay on your Christian faith to:firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: email@example.com