Associate and Assistant Pastors
The Associate Pastor is the primary ministry partner for the Lead Pastor, supporting the vision/mission of the church as needed. His responsibilities include: shepherding of ministries, service hosting and coordination, championing congregational connection (people to people and church to community) and periodic Bible teaching on Sunday mornings.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Lead Pastor in the overall leadership of the church.
- Shepherd strategic ministries such as Youth, Worship, Missions, and others, working with the corresponding ministry leaders to maximize attendance and engagement.
- Function as the host of the Sunday morning worship service (planning, coordination, communication, and execution).
- Champion congregational and community engagement.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in congregational care events as needed (hospital visits, memorial services/funerals, etc.).
- Function as a backup speaker to the Lead Pastor with an “emergency sermon” always at the ready.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, a related field, or relevant experience is required. The successful individual will be a self-starter with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Working knowledge of various church and office related software (Office365, Planning Center, ProPresenter).
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary plus health care stipend commensurate with experience and status of employment (full time or part time).To Apply: Katrina McAllister, Ministry Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-495-2420