Associate and Assistant Pastors
Hampton Falls First Baptist Church is seeking to fill two Associate Pastor positions.
Areas of Responsibility and Specific Tasks
In living a life that aligns with the biblical expectations of an elder (1 Tim 3:2-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Pet 5:1-3), the role of associate pastors at HFFBC will include:
- Providing pastoral care to our congregation and community members. This may include counseling or discipleship of individuals dealing with Christian growth, or diverse hardships and struggles.
- Be skilled at building healthy relationships and encouraging others to do the same
- Have a shepherd’s heart to know the people of HFFBC
- Teaching God’s Word by:
- Faithfully expositing Scripture from the pulpit and/or any teaching venue
- Periodic preaching as part of a pastoral team
- Applying biblical and theological truths to contemporary trends within and outside of the evangelical community.
- Having a passion for and involvement with global missions as well as evangelism in our local community.
- Have a heart for making disciples in accordance with the great commission, desiring to see people come to faith, grow in righteousness, and reach others with the gospel
- Recruiting, training, and discipling leaders and volunteers to oversee ministries
within the church that advance our mission.
- Providing oversight for diverse areas of ministry in the church by:
- Establishing short and long-term ministry objectives
- Selecting curriculum materials to be used when appropriate
- Communicating regularly with individuals involved in each area of ministry
- The Associate Pastors are expected to be a people who are established in character, but still working on the character qualities of a leader as defined by I Timothy 3.
- They must be able to sign the Statement of Faith and the Church Covenant and become members of our church.
- Under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, the Associate Pastors are expected to work with the staff, elder board, Church Council and all ministry leaders in planning, problem solving, and building the entire ministry of the church.
- If the Associate Pastors have families, we expect that family is made a priority while balancing ministry responsibilities.
Areas of Oversight for Associate Pastors
The Associate Pastors will provide leadership, vision, and oversight of the following ministries and will be determined based on their calling and giftedness:
• Adult Sunday School
• Men’s & Women’s Ministry
• Marriage Ministry
• Senior Ministry
• Life Groups
• Family Ministry
• Youth Ministry
• Children’s Ministry
• Global Missions
• Local Outreach