Associate Pastor Intern
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Associate Pastor
LOCATION: LifeChange Vineyard Church, 6228 S Carr Ct, Littleton
$3,000-6,000 per semester
10% tuition discount
Taxable living stipend: negotiable
ESTIMATED TIME COMMITMENT: 12 or 20-25 (Flexible)
REPORTS TO: Jack Fairweather, Senior Pastor
This internship is for Denver Seminary students who have a call on their life that they believe will lead them to plant a church or to a senior pastor position in a church. This internship is meant to prepare the student for the rigors of pastoral leadership that comes as a senior pastor of a church. The goal is that the student learn practically how to lead a church on a day to day basis by engaging with the senior pastor, staff and congregation in various roles within the church.
The internship at LifeChange is an opportunity for Denver Seminary students to prepare themselves practically for ministry upon graduation. The goal of the internship is to enable students to take the theology and theory they learn in the classroom and begin to apply it in a powerful way to real life ministry. At LifeChange we are dedicated to helping students become the most effective Kingdom builders they can be. The approximately 12-25 hours a week includes 6 hours of cohort time. The student has the option of choosing a 12 hour or 20-25 hour option. During the cohort time interns will engage in discourse, planning and other interactions to turn their theological studies in to concrete, powerful Kingdom building action.
The internship is available for any student from the first year onward. Students are accepted for an internship for one year at a time but can continue indefinitely as long as they are approved and still in school.
LifeChange is egalitarian and all positions are open equally to both men and women.
LifeChange Vineyard Church is a community of ordinary people doing the extraordinary as we advance the Kingdom Biblically and do what Jesus did.
Vision at LifeChange
- To be a community of believers that consistently and consciously makes space for God to move and to lead His people
- To lead people Biblically into life altering encounters with God as each person worships Him in spirit and truth and gives Him the praise only He deserves
- To treat all people with kindness, dignity and grace even when they make mistakes
- To radically serve and value the poor and disenfranchised locally and to the ends of the earth
If this kind of experience appeals to you, there are only four basic qualifications for all LifeChange interns.
- Desire to see God move more powerfully in your life
- Strong willingness to learn
- Call to pastor an existing church or to plant a church upon graduation
- Attend weekly cohort meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly church service
- Regularly pray for the church
- Watch, work with and engage with the senior pastor in the primary pastoral roles in the church
- Take part in staff meetings and lead occasional staff meetings with supervision
- Teach weekly Bible studies
- Preach 1-2 times per semester
- Attend pastoral counseling sessions as needed and as appropriate
- Shadow the senior pastor on the occasion of weddings and funerals
- Take part in baptizing new believers during baptism services
- Administer communion once per quarter
- Take part in the regular outreaches of the church
- Become familiar with the operation of community groups, children’s ministry, youth group, prayer ministry and worship in the church
- Learn about the administrative functions, finances and legalities of running a church
TO APPLY: Send resume to:
About the Senior Leadership at LifeChange:
Jack and Tammy Fairweather pastor the LifeChange Vineyard Church. Jack was a U.S. Marine for 10 years before entering in to full time ministry in 2004. After graduating from Denver Seminary in 2009 the couple went to the Philippines where they founded an organization for street children and abandoned children. Jack and Tammy returned from the Philippines in December 2020 and have been pastoring LifeChange since May 2021.
- 2018-present PhD Candidate, Organizational Sociology/Street children, Univ of the Philippines
- 2017 MA, Sociology, Arizona State University
- 2009 MDiv, Denver Seminary 2009
- 2021 MA, Non Profit Leadership and Management, Arizona State University