Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor of Family Life
Position: Pastor/Director of Family Life
Work closely with the Associate Pastor, Christian Education, to develop and grow SPC’s ministry to children, youth and young adults to include marriage and parenting issues.
Seek out and engage visitors.
Disciple visitors and members through pastoral care.
Work with the Group Life Team and other church leadership to:
- Develop and grow vibrant small groups to enhance relationships within the SPC community.
- Equip and help members find places to serve and grow through identifying and developing their spiritual gifts.
- Develop and lead programs intended to reach out to young professionals (singles/married without children).
- Assist with coordinating large group gatherings (e.g. Wednesday Fellowship, Young Dad’s ministry, Women’s events).
- Coordinating with youth and young adult leadership, provide oversight and support in mission outreach opportunities.An Associate Pastor of Family Life serves both the corporate family and individual families, as well as influencing the outreach of Sandia Presbyterian Church through Group Life sponsored activities. From Sunday school classrooms to preaching from the pulpit, a pastor will find themselves in a variety of settings during the course of a week. An active community supporting group life at SPC has bridged the gap during our search process and stands ready to welcome and assist our new Pastor of Family Life. An Associate who is an engaged and energetic encourager will strengthen the existing groups and ministries and will also join us in creating new opportunities for Bible study, outreach, and fellowship. This is best accomplished through relationships with members and visitors. They should be ready to lead, love, and have fun with the members of the church.