Youth and Children's Ministry
Associate Pastor of Next Gen Ministry
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF NEXT GEN MINISTRY
Are you looking for a place to serve God, be part of a Pastoral Team leading and serving a growing faith community? Does your heart long to make a practical and eternal difference in the next generation? Is it your dream to be able to minister and live in a place where you can have fun at work and enjoy year-round outdoor recreation, local events and a high quality of life in one of the most beautiful and popular vacation areas in the Midwest? Then God might be calling you to Lakeside Community Church in Algoma Wisconsin, on magnificent Lake Michigan, at the southern end of The Door Peninsula and just 30 minutes to Green Bay.
MISSION: Lakeside Community Church exists to help people move one step closer to Jesus and reach those far from Him.
As a member of the Pastoral Team, the Associate Pastor of Next Gen Ministry will advance the Mission of Lakeside by directing, overseeing, developing and delivering (personally and through volunteers) age-appropriate ministry programs for students, children, and families. In addition, they will seek out opportunities to engage with the schools and communities within the Lakeshore area. The goal is to lead the next generation one step closer to Jesus and create a community where they feel safe and valued. Assist the Lead Pastor with various Pastoral duties.
● Work with current volunteers and ministry leaders and actively recruit new volunteers to engage in ministry involvement.
● Communicate ministry opportunities broadly and fill key positions.
● Develop a healthy ministry volunteer culture marked by enjoyment, longevity, continued equipping, and regular encouragement.
● Develop or purchase high quality, age-appropriate student and children’s ministry curriculum.
● Conduct regular evaluation and needs assessment of existing ministry models,
curriculum, staffing, policies and programs and make recommendations for improvement using best-practice tools and methods.
● Plan and oversee events, retreats, and travel that reflect Lakeside’s values and
● Be a voice at the table to pray through, dream about, and plan the ministry direction for the Lakeside church family.
● Assist the Lead Pastor with pastoral responsibilities as needed.
● Join the preaching rotation.
● Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
● Self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
● Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
● Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules,
backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
● Use critical thinking skills, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
● Comfortable utilizing technology including, social media, database development and management, and web technologies.
● Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are critical.
● Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
● Work well under pressure and can accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
● Ability to respond to and deal with a wide range of queries/requests. Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
● Accept criticism and deals calmly and effectively during high stress situations.
● Bachelor’s degree in a Ministry related discipline or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
● A passion to pour into the lives of children and students and help them develop their
relationship with Christ.
● Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the ministry.
● The bulk of planning/ministry time will be related to student ministry, but oversight of family ministries will also include recruiting, training, and working with the leaders
implementing the vision for Lakeside Littles and Lakeside Kids.
● Attend all regular worship services.
● Weekly Staff meetings.
● Time “in office” is required, but flexible, as approved by the Lead Pastor.
● Attend/lead meetings, trainings, coaching sessions or other events as needed.
● Occasional special events, trips, and activities.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk! Send your resume and anything else that you would like for us to know about you to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3035To Apply: 920-487-3906 / firstname.lastname@example.org