Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor of Worship
Ministry Areas: Worship Department & Grow Discipleship Department
Role Title: Associate Pastor of Worship
Pipeline Level: Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Purpose Statement: Provide essential pastoral leadership to New Hope Church’s Worship Department and small group ministry with the goal to Help People Find and Follow Jesus.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
- Set annual goals with the Lead Pastor that are in line with New Hope’s mission and vision and evaluate how these goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff, which includes leadership with weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
Worship (25-28+ Hours/ Week)
- Give pastoral oversight to the Worship Department of the church, which may include support staff and several ministry teams: Worship Team, Sound Team, Tech Team, Online Church Teams (sound and video), Stage Design, and Lighting Team.
- Provide direct and enthusiastic leadership of the worship team(s), including auditioning, planning, scheduling, song selection, rehearsal, musician development, and the execution of all worship services. This person will become the primary on-stage worship leader for worship gatherings.
- Working with the Lead Pastor, set the theme, direction, technical dynamics, and details of all worship services, including potential multi-site opportunities. This should be done with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and creativity.
- Working with other leaders, ensure all ministry teams in the Worship Department are fully staffed, well led, discipled, and encouraged as individuals and in their ministry roles.
- Invest into (disciple) support staff and key leaders in the Worship Department.
- Develop and manage the Worship ministries annual budget.
Small Groups (12-15+ Hours/ Week)
- Give overall leadership to the small group ministry of the church which has the goal to see 80%+ of the adult congregation involved in a small group.
- Protect and promote the vision of small groups to build meaningful community, timely care, spiritual growth, and serving others in Jesus’ name.
- Recruit and develop Small Group coordinators (1:5 ratio) who will provide coaching and encouragement to small group leaders.
- Build and implement a training strategy to develop new small group leaders and establish a culture that expects and celebrates small group multiplication.
- Give leadership to the small group sign-up process that includes the creation of promotional materials and methods to ensure exposure of groups to the congregation and community, the purpose and importance of small groups, and how to get connected.
Time Investment: Full Time
- Will maintain regular office hours and be an active participant in weekly staff meetings.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Must have proven experience in worship leading and building a healthy worship ministry in a local church.
- Must be in complete agreement with the mission, values, vision, and doctrinal positions of New Hope Church and have a willingness to become a member upon hire.
- Key Skills: Must have proven ability to build, organize, and lead a team. Must be relational and bring enthusiasm in leading the church in worship. Must exhibit both exemplary musical ability (preference vocals, guitar) and excellent leadership and pastoral skills. Must possess skill in the use of technology in worship (i.e., sound, lighting, computers, etc.) as well as a willingness to stay up to date on the latest equipment and software improvements.
- Key Attitudes: Must be a team player with a “do whatever it takes” attitude, self-motivated, teachable, organized, and works well with others. Must have a strong work ethic and willingness to represent Jesus and New Hope Church well in the community.
- Key Passions: A heart for worship and the spiritual formation of the congregation.
- Must have proven ministry experience in areas that match this job description. Theological training (e.g., a bachelor’s or M.Div. degree) is desired but not required.
All interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to the New Hope Church Hiring Team at Office@NewHopeAdel.org. In addition, please include links to any social media platforms you use and video links of your leading worship.To Apply: Office@NewHopeAdel.org