Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor of Worship & Discipleship
Associate Pastor of Worship & Discipleship
Job Title: Associate Pastor of Worship & Discipleship
Hours: Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Target Start Date: Spring/Summer 2022
Compensation: Flexible range based on experience and education 45,000-55,000; Full benefits package including Health, Retirement, Continuing education & Paid Leave
We are seeking a pastoral leader to join our team in leading our congregation deeper into adult discipleship at all levels of faith engagement, more active, creative, and energetic worship, and excellence in our digital/media communications. The ideal candidate would be proficient in discipleship, leading worship and digital/media communications yet there is room to negotiate concerning digital/media communications.
Who we are:
Our Mission: Uniting with God in the renewal of all things
Our Values: Unity, Broad, Wholehearted
We are a 40-year-old intergenerational church with deep roots and love for each other and northern Colorado. We are seeking to intentionally cultivate a culture of discipleship in our community through relationships, small gatherings, and community connections through our creative outdoor space. We desire to grow young and in diversity to better reflect the Kingdom and provide opportunity for relationship and service for young adults and families of all ages.
We are proudly an Evangelical Covenant Church (covchurch.org) approaching theology from a perspective of charitable orthodoxy. We are a church of roughly 350 people like most churches who are rediscovering life and ministry through a pandemic.
Worship at Council Tree uses a blend of modern and timeless songs, rooted in biblical teaching with a focus on Jesus, Spirit-led genuine expression of praise and not limited by any one musical style or tradition.
- Aligned—fully embracing Council Tree’s mission, values, and denominational affiliation.
- Devotional— a deep, honest, transforming walk with Jesus.
- Relational—thrives in cultivating community in relationship with all kinds of people.
- Equipper— ability and experience in empowering people for ministry.
- Thoughtful— possesses a theologically grounded vision for worship and discipleship.
- Communicator— gifted for communicating God’s truth and ways in a variety of settings.
- Experienced— demonstrated gifts for discipling, leading in worship, and equipping. Knowledge of technical aspects of sound, video & digital communications.
- Trained—with a bachelor’s degree and a seminary degree preferred.
- Committed—professional work ethic and full-hearted engagement within Council Tree as a leader and as a church home.
- 45% Worship. In partnership with the lead pastor craft and cast vision that gathers a diverse worshiping community. Serve as the primary Sunday worship leader, oversee the planning, rehearsals for weekend and holiday services, coordinate and equip others in all aspects of music, sound, video and visual within an environment of pastoral care building a team environment, with simple administration among all involved in worship leadership.
- 35% Discipleship. Under the leadership of the Lead Pastor create strategy and give oversight while participating within discipleship ministries for adults at all levels of maturity including small groups, men’s and women’s ministry.
- 20% Digital communications. Develop digital visual communications including the church web site, publications, video and Sunday morning visuals. Minister in partnership with the Creative Arts Team for Sanctuary visuals.
- Accountability: Supervised by the Lead Pastor working in harmony with the church Council, ECC national and Midwest conference.
To Apply, please submit via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter which includes your: faith story; theology or philosophy of worship and discipleship; and vision for what you hope worship and discipleship at Council Tree could look like after five years with your leadership. 3-5 pages total.
- Three references with phone numbers and email addresses, including at least one past or current supervisor
- A video of you leading worship and/or teaching as well as any other examples you feel are pertinent shared via Dropbox, Youtube, etc. Local applicants are encouraged to also share when/where you may be leading worship during the spring/summer of 2022.)
For full consideration, applications must be received by Monday, April 25, 2022.
4825 South Lemay Avenue | Fort Collins, CO 80525
970-223-6507 | CouncilTreeCovenant.com