Youth and Children's Ministry
Associate Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministries
Job Overview and Scope of Position:
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Children Ministries position exists to direct the spiritual growth of FBCM’s children, youth, and families to strengthen their faith in Jesus and commitment to the church through Bible study, prayer, fellowship, worship, service, and evangelism. This includes running a full youth and children’s program (birth through high school). Therefore, a love for children and teens, a desire to recruit and train volunteers, and a passion to partner with parents in the spiritual development of their families is a must for this role. Also, your role is to develop and provide spiritual, relational, organizational, and administrative leadership, oversee, and work with the Christian Education Program for Youth and Children, which includes the weekly Sunday School and Jr. Church program for youth/children, Wednesday night activities which includes Youth Group, and other special programming such as Vacation Bible School, Christmas programs, and other special events that may occur.
- Assist in fulfilling the vision and mission of FBCM while maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics.
- Support the leadership of FBCM, contributing to a spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Coordinate, promote, implement, and further develop a quality Christian Education for Youth and Children to include Sunday School, after-school and week-night activities; VBS, Youth Group Retreats and Camps, and Seasonal/special events.
- Lead and oversee all Youth and Children’s ministries birth through 12th grade
- Coordination of curriculum and ministry objectives, using unified curriculum, such as, the Orange Curriculum and Philosophy (https://thinkorange.com).
- Actively identify, recruit, train, and develop volunteers, teams, and leaders in each ministry area.
- Actively recruit youth, children, and young families through church supported activities and programs in the community.
- Pastor and work with the existing Youth and Children Ministries’ paid and volunteer staff.
- Proactively communicate with parents and equip them with practical resources for the spiritual growth of their youth/children.
- Responsible to incorporate youth, children, and families into various church ministries.
- Oversee Youth and Children’s ministries department budgets and other resources.
- Complete special assignments as requested or assigned.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in our worship services when needed.
- Use emerging technologies that help engage others in the ministry of the church
- Develop, oversee, and participate in local, national, and global outreaches to cultivate a culture of missions and evangelism.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in education or Christian ministry).
- Three years of experience in youth and children ministries (preferably in a diverse urban/suburban context).
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- A desire to teach and mentor children, youth, and families in biblical truth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle that is congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Agrees with the vision and mission and core values of FBCM in https://www.fbcmonline.org/who-we-are
- Agrees with the what we believe in https://www.fbcmonline.org/what-we-believe
To Apply: If you would like to apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and brief personal testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org