Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
Grace Community Covenant Church is looking for an Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship to join us in Oro Valley, Arizona. Grace is a passionate Evangelical Covenant Church with a mission to love God, follow Christ, and make a Kingdom difference. The Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship is a full-time position designed to work closely with the lead pastor to fulfill the duties of the position.
Youth Ministry –
- Through prayer and discernment, develop and execute a strategy for developing a growing youth ministry
- Organize effective youth programs implementing biblical teaching, discipleship, mission opportunities, fellowship, and fun
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with students while coming alongside them as they explore their faith and come to find their identity in Jesus
- Train and develop volunteers; connecting with existing volunteers and recruiting others who are called to youth ministry
- Promote an environment where students feel a connection with each other and are engaged in the life of the greater church
Worship Ministry –
- In partnership with the lead pastor, work to plan and conduct meaningful, weekly worship services as well as special events/services
- Own lead responsibility for music ministry
- Train and encourage music and tech teams; connecting with existing volunteers and recruiting others who are called to music/worship ministry
- Implement the mission of Grace through weekly worship and special events/services
The ideal candidate has experience with youth ministry and music ministry and will bring creativity and energy to both programs. He/she will thrive working with the lead pastor to facilitate worship services and to maintain a vibrant music team. The candidate will also have a heart and compassion to support the pastoral ministry while working with and caring for the Grace family.
Grace Community Covenant Church is emerging from the global pandemic on a solid foundation, with a motivated lead pastor who joined Grace in 2021 and a leadership team eager to discover where God will lead. Our church joins together in prayer for the candidate God will call to help build a dynamic faith community of all ages.
- Masters Degree preferred, or working toward degree
- Covenant Ordination, Ministry License (or within first six months of employment)
- Experience in youth ministry leadership
- Capable of developing and executing youth and family programs
- Experience in worship music leadership and music/tech team directionInterested Candidates should send a cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org