Associate and Assistant Pastors
Associate Pastor (Worship)
For the glory of God, the Associate Pastor serves First Baptist Church by participating with the other pastors in the oversight of its ministries and discipleship of its members, with an emphasis on planning and leading the musical worship of the church.
· Direct the planning, organization, and implementation of a comprehensive church music ministry for the church.
· Assist the Lead Pastor in planning worship gatherings that are intentional, clearly communicate God’s truth, and provide a conducive environment for worship.
· Seek out and select substantive and fresh music that teaches for the gatherings.
· Coordinate the music ministry with the church calendar to strengthen and enrich the emphases of the total church ministry.
· Serve as a leader in the worship gatherings, giving direction to the congregational singing and worship team.
· Recruit, pastor, develop, and coordinate worship team members and conduct weekly rehearsals in preparation for the worship gatherings.
· Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, and other church-related activities.
· Oversee the purchase and maintenance of musical equipment and instruments.
· Observe and stay informed of all copyright requirements, including CCLI.
· Prepare and implement an annual music budget for the music ministry.
· Preach for the main worship gathering 4-8 times per year.
· Teach regularly in a Sunday School group or discipleship class.
· Disciple individual members and groups of members formally and informally.
· Assist the other pastors in developing and implementing a small group ministry.
· Cooperate with the other pastors in providing pastoral care to members.
· Cooperate with the other pastors in providing leadership to ministry teams.
· Cooperate with the other pastors in planning and executing a vision for the church and its ministries.
· Attend at least one conference per year for continuing growth and education.
· Meet weekly with the pastors both for planning and discipleship.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Trusts our Lord Jesus Christ alone for salvation
2. Adheres to Southern Baptist theology as delineated in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
3. Must be willing to become a member of First Baptist Church of Effingham
4. Demonstrates in word and deed a growing likeness to Christ
5. Possesses spiritual gifts in keeping with this position, including but not limited to teaching, hospitality, and wisdom
6. Working knowledge of computers and relevant software
7. Strong leadership and recruitment abilities
8. Effective group and interpersonal communication and discipleship skills
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in worship leadership or ministry
2. Additional seminary education preferred
3. Experience leading congregational musical worship strongly preferred
EXECUTION OF RESPONSIBILTIES
1. Reports to the Lead Pastor
2. Maintains an office in the administrative wing of the church
3. Keeps semi-regular office hours
4. Works 40-50 hours per week
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
1. Salary, Housing, and Retirement Package competitive and depending on experience and education
2. Two (2) weeks Paid Time Off per year plus holidays (increases with tenure)
3. Health/Life Insurance
4. iPhone and data plan
5. Moving expenses
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2245To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2245