Associate and Assistant Pastors
Trinity (Ashland, Ohio) – Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
Trinity Lutheran Church (trinityashland.org) is a doctrinally sound and loving church of 500 seeking a full-time Associate Pastor.
Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1839 and has an average attendance of 500 in four worship services each weekend, using a variety of styles. Communion is offered twice a month at each of the services. The congregation at Trinity is attentive to the Word, prayer, worship, family, and benevolence outreach to the community and elsewhere. We have a highly active Christian Education program, music program, hundreds of volunteers, plus women’s/men’s/youth/children’s/pre-school/after school/radio/video/missions/evangelism ministries and we focus on discipleship. We are part of an energetic and growing local community.
Ashland is a city of approx 20,000, 66 miles SW of Cleveland and 82 miles NE of Columbus and home of Ashland University and Ashland Theological Seminary. It is a city with well-developed parks and recreation, excellent local schools, and a thriving business climate.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor who will evidence:
Fidelity — a pastor who lives out faith in Jesus Christ, who is doctrinally sound, and who shows with their life the value of that sound doctrine
Promise — a pastor who wants the freedom, opportunity, and responsibility to minister faithfully, but also someone whose best days are ahead of them, and who desires to find new and successful ways to engage our community with the Gospel
Participation — a pastor who participates in the life of the congregation and the community
Capability — a pastor who is hard working and self-motivated, someone who does not resent the hours necessary to do this job well. Our pastor will have certain areas of emphasis, but their ministry will include all areas of pastoral ministry
Community — Our staff is large, and our office environment is joyful, filled with laughter and love. We want someone who will contribute to this ethos. It is an absolute gift to work in a church environment like this. The pastor must be a positive influence and a team player.
- A true and personal faith in God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the infallibility and authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- Subscription to the Ecumenical Creeds and Confessions of the Lutheran Church as faithful witnesses to the truth of Scripture.
- A Master of Divinity or its equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to work collegially and professionally as part of a team with a large staff and the Senior Pastor.
- Committed to participating in and developing a discipleship community, and actively living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Committed to living a faithful and Godly life in accordance with the Holy Scriptures and conducting oneself in such a manner as to not bring reproach upon themselves, their family, or the Church.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with accountability toward directed goals of the congregation.
- Willingness and ability to serve a congregation composed of diverse denominational backgrounds in a diverse variety of worship styles and settings.
$60,000-80,000 – Depending on Experience
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at Trinity?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor at Trinity?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Trinity?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com