Associate and Assistant Pastors
Come join a vibrant parish on Florida’s beautiful Emerald Coast!
The Mission Anglican Church, Pensacola, FL
Purpose: In addition to performing the duties and ministries associated with the vows of the priesthood, the associate priest will assist the Rector by overseeing assigned areas of ministry, preaching and teaching as scheduled, performing pastoral care and counseling as needed, and helping to cast the vision and lead the congregation in its implementation. The Associate Priest will be directly supervised by the Rector.
There will be two weeks of paid vacation annually, to be taken at a time agreed upon with the rector. In addition, there will be 10 days for Personal Time Off (sick, emergency, etc.) annually.
The Associate Priest Expectations:
- The Associate Priest will work together with the other major ministry areas for the specific purpose of accomplishing the Vision Statement (Love. Life. Together.) in accordance with our Core Values (Word, Sacrament, Spirit).
- The Associate Priest will meet with the Leadership Team annually to revisit the Vision of the Parish and establish a comprehensive plan replete with goals and measurable objectives for each area of ministry for the upcoming year.
- The Associate Priest will meet with the Rector monthly to assess progress, ministry calling, and review short and long-term goals.
- The Associate Priest will propose an annual budget for those areas under his cognizance.
- Assist Rector with assigned administrative duties as needed.
- The primary area of responsibility for the Associate Priest will be Family Life Ministries to include young adults, youth, and children’s programs and ministries.
- The Associate Priest will be responsible to vet, recruit, and train lay volunteers, and to ensure that all who work with minors have undergone “Safe Church Training” as prescribed by the Diocese.
- The Associate Priest will ensure events are included and updated with the church office for inclusion on the church website. Check with the office master calendar before scheduling and announcing events.
- The Associate Priest will work toward developing and leading a weekly service aimed specifically at young adults, youth and children.
Appointment and Tenure: The Associate Priest is appointed by the Rector, in consultation with the Vestry, and will serve at the Rector’s pleasure with indefinite tenure.
Short-term Goals: (To be determined)
Long-term Goals: (To be determined)
To Apply Contact:
Chuck Howard, Chairman Search Committee
www.TMACPensacola.comTo Apply: Chuck Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org