Audio and Visual
AV Support and Technical Lead
Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational Protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 25 faculty and staff from 98 denominations and 64 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA; an urban context model offering classes in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Technology Services, this individual is part of the Technology Services team. The Lead is responsible for maintaining AV technology infrastructure and systems and providing oversight of technical support services at our Charlotte Campus, with an emphasis on classroom and event support and training. Serves as lead AV support technician working in conjunction with IT Technology Services, campus support staff, and student technicians.
• AV Technology Services and User Support: The position requires a balance of in-person weekday business hours support with evening and weekend support. In-person support is provided by the AV Support and Technical Lead, student technicians, and other trained support staff. Support schedules require week to week flexibility and availability to cover evening and Saturday shifts when necessary. Provide professional, timely, effective, and customer-focused technical support for classes, meetings, and events in the classroom, chapel, and other campus venues. Oversee classroom and event support schedule in collaboration with Technology Services and campus support staff. (50%)
• AV Systems Support and Technical Leadership: Ensure proper scheduling of systems in conjunction with the registration office and educational support staff. Engage in regular preventative maintenance and update protocols for AV systems and equipment for systems support. Serve as primary site contact for AV integrators and support contractors for installation and maintenance of campus AV systems, working closely with AV integrator technicians during service calls. Serve as primary contact for AV integrator project and account managers for development and implementation of updates and new systems. Working closely with Assistant Director of Technology Services and campus leadership to identify needs and recommend solutions. (20%)
• Service Management, Process Improvement and Documentation: Build and maintain customer-focused approach to classroom and event technology support. Ensure the accurate and complete logging of technology service requests, issues, and information into the GCTS service management system. Work in partnership with the Technology Services team to proactively identify and mitigate potential support issues. Provide input into the creation of policies and procedures as they impact the customer. Keep updated and accurate system design and instructional and knowledge base documentation for end users and technicians. (15%)
• AV Technology Training: Train faculty and staff on proper utilization of campus AV technology, with an emphasis on faculty training in physical classroom spaces. Train Technology Services support staff and student workers on classroom and venue AV systems support and day-to-day support operations. Work with educational support staff to train faculty, staff, and student workers on platforms and software used in education and content delivery. (15%)
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Industry Comprehension: Must have broad technical comprehension, including experience in live event support, to fulfill key responsibilities.
• Technical Troubleshooting: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and employ systematic diagnostic processes.
• Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have strong customer service skills; ability to build and maintain relationships through positive customer service experiences and user engagement. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate in a manner that allows information to flow freely and smoothly to perform job responsibilities in a timely fashion.
• Administration and Schedule: Demonstrate excellent administrative skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Physical: Able to lift 40lbs and work from a ladder.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of three years previous experience in live event support and design or installation of AV systems. Experience with instructor support in classrooms, higher education environment preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent training and experience.
• Attain and maintain AV industry credentials, such as AVIXA CTS.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Joseph Bartley, Assistant Director of Technology Services, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.