The Stone Church Gathering (Alma, CO) Bi-Vocational Pastor
The Big Picture
The Stone Church Gathering (almastonechurch.com) is seeking a pastor. We are a one-year-old, independent Christian church reestablishing a community of believers in a small mountain town after 50 years with no formal church presence, seeking a Pastor.
This all-volunteer church spent this first year engaging our community, teaching the gospel, building a solid governance foundation, and growing a small but solid base of church family members. This church family (twenty regular attenders) is mature, generous, and committed to sharing the gospel and being the hands and feet of Jesus to our neighbors in northwest Park County. It is time to bring a leading pastor into our fold. Under the direction of the Lord Jesus Christ, this pastor is given the challenge and responsibility of visioning, equipping, and shepherding the SCG ministry team to successfully, as a body of disciples, accomplish the church’s stated mission for Alma.
- A mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a life controlled and directed by the Holy Spirit.
- Have a passion for sharing God’s good news with whom he encounters with discernment and compassion.
- A strong sense of servant leadership and commitment to grace-filled pastoral care. Ability and desire to work cohesively and transparently as a member of the SCG leadership team and SCG family. Demonstrated leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- An adventurous spirit as we build God’s church in a small town, spiritually asleep for decades. Excited to apply their spiritual gifts, in concert with the rest of the SCG family, to improve outreach to our neighbors and support to our church family members. Innovative and visionary in building out SCG’s ministry gaps – e.g., adding a live worship component to our services, developing children’s and the other ministries our family needs to flourish in our relationship with Jesus.
- A love of the outdoors and God’s creation – Alma is a community of outdoor-loving adventurers, independent and capable, their pastor should share (or at least understand and appreciate) these qualities to best engage these unique souls.
- A willingness to supplement his SCG salary as a bi-vocational pastor, at least initially. Alma is adjacent to a very high cost of living resort town (Breckenridge) and many in our community struggle financially as resort and service industry workers.
$30-40k per year salary based on education and experience
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for SCG?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at SCG?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of SCG (https://billygraham.org/about/what-we-believe/).
What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to Jason@LancasterSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com