Accounting and Bookkeeping
Cornerstone Christian Counseling is a vibrant, faith-based organization that places a high value on caring for our clinicians and clients well while pursuing excellence in all we do. Currently we are looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) employee to provide assistance to our Billing and Payroll Specialist. If you are looking for a fun and energetic work environment, enjoy details and keeping things organized and also are skilled in Excel and working with numbers, then this position is for you!
Please review the below job description carefully and we will look forward to hearing from you if you believe you are a qualified candidate for this position.
Part Time – 20 hours/week
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Remote (ideally CO)
This position supports our Billing and Payroll Specialist with billing and accounting administrative functions.
- Audits two times per week all billing charges, credits and refunds.
- Follows up on declined credit cards and any unusual charges, checking IntakeQ for any updated credit card forms.
- Reviews missed or canceled appointments with charges.
- Tracks credits in order to ensure correct allocation is made for payroll.
- Runs charges for clients on a recurring charge schedule.
- Manages clients with special billing needs.
- Communicates regularly with counselors to remind them to charge clients in a timely manner, to accurately code sessions, and to document accordingly in the notes section.
- Trains new hires and new interns on billing procedures.
- Enters weekly credit card batches into Quickbooks.
- Audits credit card batches with TherapyNotes and Cardpointe and follows up on any discrepancies.
- Reviews sales receipts and deposits in Quickbooks, auditing counselor checks, invoices, Stripe charges and CCHA ACH deposits.
- Oversees all aspects of the Reduced Fee Application process and Hive board.
- Reviews applications and discusses if/when exceptions are acceptable.
- Communicates with clients and counselors on application decisions.
- Audits and maintains client files and records in all systems.
- Reviews quarterly applications and determines if/when a clients’ reduced fee might need to end.
- Helps manage Pex card fund transfers, approving transactions, ensuring accuracy within Quickbooks on transactions, setting up new employees with Pex cards and running reports.
- Manages all aspects of Superbills.
- Other billing/accounting tasks as needed.
- It is important as an employee of Cornerstone Christian Counseling that you believe in our mission, vision, and Statement of Faith.
- Mission: Helping people heal, grow, and thrive
- Vision: We will help bring about a world where people are healed, restored, redeemed, and set free.
- And Statement of Faith, found HERE.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Assertive and a self-starter.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00-5:00 (Mountain) and Friday 9:00-1:00–flexible (Mountain)
- Half days Monday through Friday
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Education, Licenses and Experience:
- Associates degree desired.
- At least 1 year of accounting/billing experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. $200 ergonomic stipend provided.
- Must have a secure/private working location as this role requires confidentiality and privacy of personal information.
- This position is a remote position that requires use of your own personal computer, smartphone and high-speed internet connection in order to work in all of our cloud-based software programs.
The hourly rate for this position will be $17.00/hour. Paid time off is available as a benefit to our part-time employees, as well as an annual stipend towards continuing education and/or ergonomics.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter letting us know why you think you’re the best candidate for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of the confidential information you will be privy to in this position, and due to the freedom you will have in being able to work remotely, references are requested with your resume and will be checked. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!To Apply: email@example.com