Campus Ministry Staff – Fresno, CA
To learn more and apply, please visit this position on our careers page.
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with
their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in
partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the
world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a
life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared
vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the
church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Fresno State University, Fresno Pacific University, and Fresno City College
by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community
and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members
and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of
Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life. Oversee programming for the Pink House, a year-long
residential discipleship program of First Presbyterian Church, Fresno that leads young adults through growth in
biblical community, urban ministry, and leadership development.
● Be a consistent and visible presence on campus, meeting students through regular participation in Fresno State
University, Fresno Pacific University, and Fresno City College activities.
● Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, and
applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
● Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, recruit students to attend CCO’s Jubilee
conference and other transformative opportunities.
● Establish a good relationship with the university administrators and the student life office at Fresno State
University, Fresno Pacific University, and Fresno City College.
● Effectively communicate the vision for college ministry within the church.
● Connect students into discipleship relationships within the church body.
● Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim
of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
● Contribute to the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and
maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
● Collaborate with First Presbyterian Church Director of College Ministry to care for students within the
congregations and assist with college ministry events
● Create a CCO Annual Ministry Plan in collaboration with other CCO staff/College Ministry Director and lead
ministry based on the Campus Ministry Playbook.
Ministry Context & Partnership
● Attend regular First Presbyterian Church, Fresno staff meetings.
● Oversee Pink House discipleship and residential ministry programming.
● Directly disciple 4-6 Pink House residents/interns (and coordinate with other leaders discipling the remaining
● Lead weekly “Curriculum Night” for Pink House residents/interns, including a shared meal, teaching, and
● Collaborate with First Presbyterian Church Director of Missions to integrate residents/interns into the life and
ministry of the church.
● Collaborate with other Fresno AMH (Association of Ministry Houses) Directors to improve the programs of the
Pink House and other Fresno-based discipleship houses.
● Maintain Pink House budget, including oversight of resident/intern fundraising.
● Recruit residents/interns to the Pink House, aiming for a minimum of 60% college students.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
● Participate in all required CCO Training.
● Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
● 1-3 years college ministry experience preferred.
● Seeks innovative, creative ministry opportunities.
● Organizational and administrative skills.
● Easily builds personal relationships and community within groups.
● Collaborates with teams.
● Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
● Displays initiative and can work independently.
● Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
● Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee
● Review and adhere to all general expectations of First Presbyterian Church’s staff team members.
● Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
● Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
● Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
● Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
● Encourages the growth and development of others.
● Values excellence.
● Ability to lift 20lbs.
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.
● Reside onsite at the Pink House Discipleship House (separate apartment accommodations provided).