Campus Ministry Staff – W&J College
To learn more and apply, please click here.
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with
their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in
partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the
world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a
life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared
vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the
church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Washington and Jefferson College by sharing the Gospel, inviting students
into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on
campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong
biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local
context and all areas of life.
Washington Campus Mission Board (WCMB) is looking for Campus Staff to continue the stewardship of a
thriving, over a decade old ministry in Washington, PA at Washington & Jefferson College (W&J). The
Washington Campus Mission Board is composed of local leaders and church members who fund and support the
ministry at Washington & Jefferson College. The successful candidate must be passionate about reaching and
discipling students to love and follow Jesus in the context of W&J’s commitment to academic excellence
equipping students in influential careers in the small yet developing and influential community. The Campus Staff
is accountable to both the CCO Staff Director and the Washington Campus Mission Board. The CCO Staff
Director and Washington Campus Mission Board coordinate supervision efforts in regard to setting ministry
objectives and performance evaluation.
● Create and continually revise a plan for ministry according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus
● Ensure a consistent and visible presence on campus and in meeting with students through regular participation in
Washington & Jefferson College’s activities.
● Collect and maintain student contact information and follow up and invite students to ministry opportunities.
● Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching,
evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
○ Teach and preach biblical content and invite and develop others to do so at the Student Christian Association (SCA) weekly fellowship group.
○ Plan and execute Jubilee conference and at least one retreat or off-campus experience eachsemester for the purpose of spiritual growth and Christian mission.
● Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, recruit students to attend CCO’s Jubilee
Conference and other transformative opportunities.
● Establish a healthy relationship with the college that honors the guidelines of the college for student organizations
and contributes toward sustainable campus access for the CCO at Washington & Jefferson College.
● Maintain and steward CCO relationship with faculty advisor for Student Christian Association at W&J within the
parameters of campus access.
● Develop student discipleship opportunities specifically engaging academic and vocational discipleship.
● Commit to and engage in one of the churches that are committed to the WCMB.
● Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
● Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim
of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
● Promote student engagement with local churches as an integral part of the discipleship strategy.
● Network and cultivate relationships with area church leaders, including visiting churches that give and engage
with the WCMB.
● Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in ministry on campus through the fellowship, evangelism, and
● Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at Washington & Jefferson college to faithfully live out their faith in
service and evangelism.
Ministry Context & Partnership
● Attend and participate in monthly WCMB meetings.
○ Communicate student stories/ministry updates and reports on progress toward the goals of the
annual ministry plan.
○ Assist board with communicating to donors including newsletters and annual Day of Giving
● Work collaboratively with faculty and staff at W&J, including SCA.
● Take initiative in entrepreneurial ministry opportunities and demonstrate the capacity to work independently
● Thoughtfully engage the academic experience of W&J through discussion.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
● Regularly apply for leadership roles in CCO summer opportunities and other leadership development
opportunities as available.
● Participate in all required CCO Training.
● Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
● Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree Required.
● 1-3 years prior college ministry experience preferred.
● Communication strengths (verbal, written and digital).
● Event Planning.
● Word Processing.
● Displays initiative and can work independently.
● Collaborates with teams.
● Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
● Passion for community and theology of place – love a small local community.
● Ability to engage and relate to diverse audiences.
● Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church (one that is engaged with the WCMB), prayer, Scripture
study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee
● Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by CCO supervisor and WCMB.
● Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
● Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
● Robust holistic discipleship values and intellectual curiosity
● Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
● Encourages the growth and development of others.
● Values excellence.
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.
● Ability to lift and carry at least 20 pounds.