Campus Ministry Staff
To learn more about the position and to apply, please click here.
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with
their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in
partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world.
This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus State Community College, and in the
Hilltop community of Columbus by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between
church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life-long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life. In addition to the collegiate ministry, provide oversight of the junior high and high school students.
● Create and routinely revise a ministry plan according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Playbook.
● Ensure a consistent and visible presence of Hillcrest Baptist Church on campus and in meeting with students
through regular participation in Columbus College of Art & Design’s activities.
● Collect and maintain student contact information, following up with & inviting students into ministry opportunities.
● Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching,
evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
● Invite students regularly to church gatherings, CCO’s Jubilee conference, and other transformative
opportunities—including CCO Summer Opportunities.
● Establish a healthy relationship with the university that honors the guidelines of the university for outside
organizations and contributes toward sustainable campus access for the CCO at Columbus College of Art &
● Develop with supervisors an annual “Disciple Growing Opportunity,” regular large and small group Bible study
plans, and other discipleship opportunities for students on campus, in the church, and in the community.
● Engage in multi-ethnic events and connect students with leaders/mentors of color. CCO staff, partners, and
leaders ensure CCO teams, groups, and events reflect the diversity of the campus we serve.
● Effectively and consistently communicate the vision and progress of college ministry within the church.
● Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
● Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim
of sending them out as leaders in their spheres of influence.
● Contribute to the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and
maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
● Develop Ministry Team(s) to give equal devotion to the development of the three critical age groups of this
ministry: middle school, high school, and college/young career in the development of a holistic ministry that
focuses on outreach and connects students into the life and ministries of the church.
● With the help of other collaborators (such as the Campus Ministry Team and the Vision Team of Hillcrest Baptist
Church) develop “Crowd” events that serve as a friendly events where unchurched students feel comfortable
attending and building relationships with other students and adult leaders.
● Communicate vision consistently with parents to enable them to better understand the purpose of the middle
school, high school, and college/career gatherings. This includes the need to communicate upcoming calendar
● Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in the on-campus fellowship, evangelism, and Bible studies.
● Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at Columbus College of Art & Design to faithfully live out their faith
in service and evangelism.
● Develop and provide oversight of a student leadership team, and mobilize students for faithfulness in their
vocational calling, including vocational ministry (i.e. CCO Fellows).
Ministry Context & Partnership
● Steward a positive relationship with Hillcrest Baptist Church that encourages long-lasting ministry in partnership
● Attend regular Hillcrest Baptist Church staff meetings.
● Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with college, high school, and middle school students on “Off Hours”
(concerts, games, etc.) with respect to the differing ages and the allowances given and needed to build authentic
relationships with the specific age groups.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
● Provide weekly reports to the Senior Pastor and CCO Staff Director.
● Initiate contact with other campus ministry workers to pray for the community.
● Participate in all required CCO Training.
● Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
● Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
● Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● At least one year of ministry experience, preferably with the CCO.
● Good communicator.
● Motivates and inspires others to join mission.
● Learns quickly from success and failure.
● Understands young audiences and CCO ethos.
● Ability to lead and collaborate with teams.
● Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
● Displays initiative and can work independently.
● Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
● Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
● Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and CCO employee handbook.
● Review and adhere to all general expectations of Hillcrest Baptist Church’s staff team members.
● Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by CCO supervisor.
● Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
● Enjoys listening to and collaborating with others.
● Positive attitude
● Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
● Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
● Encourages the growth and development of others.
● Values excellence.