The Campus Pastor will implement the mission, vision, and values of Mission Hills Church by leading our next multisite (video-driven) campus. The Campus Pastor will be responsible for leveraging the resources of Mission Hills to reach the campus’ local community with the Gospel and providing pastoral leadership to the campus staff and congregation in order to help them become like Jesus and join him on mission.
Important Note: We are looking to find our next campus pastor in considerable advance (6 months minimum) of our next campus launch in order to give the campus pastor time to become familiar enough with our church’s culture to be able to replicate it at the next campus. Until the launch of our next location, our next campus pastor will serve in a variety of roles at the broadcast campus (Littleton) in order to achieve this familiarity. During this ramp-up phase, the next campus pastor will also be the point person for much of the pre-launch work.
• Earned degrees and/or other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
• Alignment with the vision, mission, core values, and doctrinal statement of Mission Hills Church
• Models strong Christian character, integrity, vibrant relationship with Christ and lives out biblical truth
• Theological education and experience sufficient to enable effective leadership
• A successful track record of upper level management and leadership
• Passionate commitment to evangelism, discipleship and worship
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
• Proven ability to build effective teams
• Loyalty to Mission Hills central leadership
• Commitment to results
A. Lead the campus, implementing Mission Hills values and strategy across all campus ministry environments.
a. Lead and develop all campus staff, including hiring as necessary
b. Facilitate coordination with MH central ministry directors (Kids, Students, Weekend Experience, Next Steps, etc.)
c. Manage the campus budget
B. Help people in the community become like Jesus and join him on mission
a. Develop and execute community-specific outreach strategies for reaching the lost
b. Implement the Mission Hills Next Steps discipleship strategy at the local campus
c. Work with campus staff to implement the 3D Directive (Discover, Develop, Deploy) in order to raise up Serve team members
C. Be the “face” of the campus, greeting people before and after worship services and by making announcements, setting up the offering collection, setting up the video message and closing the service
D. Provide pastoral care (weddings, funerals, hospital visits, counseling, baptisms, communion, baby dedications, etc.)
E. Meet regularly with the Weekend Experience Pastor & Lead Pastor for ongoing development and strategic collaboration
To be discussed during interview process. Position is eligible for full benefits.