Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America
Weekly Attendance: 2200
Location: Independence, Kentucky
The Role: Campus Pastor
Meet Grace Fellowship Church:
We are a Bible-based, grace-based church that purposes to honor God and be true to His Word.
About the Campus Pastor:
The Campus Pastor provides vision, leadership, and congregational support for the campus by developing, administering, and executing ministry initiatives to make disciples of Jesus Christ and support the mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
The Campus Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Recruit, train, and equip a ministry team composed of paid staff and volunteers to provide leadership and growth of specific ministry areas.
- Lead and engage the congregation with effective public speaking and communication skills during weekly worship services.
- Promote discipleship and spiritual growth in alignment with GFC values and the “Gather, Grow, Go” ministry model.
- Encourage people to be actively engaging in reaching & evangelizing others in their workplaces, homes, and communities.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgeting and proactively maintain accountability for expenditures and alignment with budget objectives.
- Provide leadership, vision, pastoral care, counsel, and shepherding to those within the church, while maintaining a passion for reaching those outside the church.
- Serve as the primary host for weekly worship services, leading special worship times (holidays, Testimony Sundays, Concerts of Prayer, Baby Dedications, etc.), and preaching sermons when assigned.
- Lead the ongoing administration of the ordinances of baptism and communion.
- Be relationally warm, team-oriented, and focused in identifying and recruiting competent leaders, and building effective teams.
- Ensure the campus reflects GFC values while also appreciating the individual aspects of the campus that make it distinct from others.
- Proactively seek a personal and church presence in the surrounding community.
- Utilize strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills to show high chaos tolerance, priority management skills, and an overall commitment to excellence.
- Be passionate, caring, and approachable, and possess a pastoral heart for local church ministry.
- Be evangelistic in the ministry approach.
- Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with ministry leaders and be willing to defer to others when in the best interest of the church at large.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 5+ of relevant experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Possess effective teaching skills.
- Give testimony and life witness of being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry (shepherd-teaching, leadership, and administration), and demonstrated potential to build effective ministries and teams.
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
- Be proficient in administration, able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools.
- Must develop proficiency with planning and communication tools used by ministries so as to maximize effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23.
- When working with others, you would be known as a Peacemaker (Matt 5:9).
- Do all work abiding in Christ (John 15:5). Remember that all our guidance, provision, capability, and strength come from Him.
- Humility (Phil 2:1-4), consider others more important.
- Be a growing disciple with a consistent devotional life.
- Live a life of integrity that flows from personal Gospel transformation.
- Must be a team-builder and a team player, able to work well with part-time and full-time coworkers, and many volunteers. Must have flexibility & willingness to assist others in their ministry responsibilities.
- Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
- Be able to engage in work-appropriate humor.
- Must be personable and enthusiastic for the mission and vision of Grace Fellowship Church.
- Must embrace GFC ministry leadership vision & future direction of GFC.
- Must be a self-starter, able to assess job tasks and define work that needs to be done, completing it without close supervision.
- Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
What it’s Like to Live in Independence, Kentucky:
Northern KY is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. We boast an affordable cost of living, four even seasons of weather, and just a short drive to urban, suburban, and rural attractions. As a Cincinnati suburb, we enjoy the dining, entertainment, and culture the city has to offer being just a short drive away.
Independence is a bedroom community that continues to enjoy significant growth. Young families find themselves drawn to the new, affordable homes and development that continues to take place. The Independence campus of our church enjoys great visibility located in the town’s main shopping district.To Apply: email@example.com