Campus Safety & Security Protection Agent
Valor Christian High School (“Valor”) is located on a 35-acre suburban campus and currently has an enrollment of over 1,200 students and approximately 200 staff and faculty. The school has a vibrant co-curricular program with after-school and weekend activities taking place throughout the year. The Campus Safety & Security Protection Agent (“Agent”) will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Valor’s safety & security program and serve as the primary point of contact after-hours. As this position will have primary oversight of campus safety and security after hours, the work day for this role is from approximately 12pm – 9pm (with flexibility for earlier coverage as needed).
With the understanding and expectation that this is far more than just a security “guard” role, Valor is seeking an individual with experience and competency in all areas required to successfully achieve this goal. The individual in this role must be exceptionally skilled in many areas and be able to anticipate threats both internally and externally. Strong situational awareness is a must. In addition, this individual must understand the unique environment of a private school and delicately balance the needs for a strong program with the desire to maintain a thriving high school culture.
Since the school’s inception in 2007, significant campus-wide investments have been made. Valor currently has an iron security fence on the north perimeter of the property with automated vehicular gates, security cameras throughout the campus, access control on all exterior doors, contracted after-hours security presence and a School Resource Officer (SRO) on campus when school is in session. The relationship the school has with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office continues to be strong. This position will report directly to the Director of Safety & Security.
You are most likely to thrive in this role if you love the Lord Jesus Christ and are adept at integrating your faith into your daily work. A relentless commitment to keep the Valor community safe must be a passion that drives you and must always be on your mind. Being a life-long learner and fully engaged in this field of study will also help you be successful and this program be recognized as one of the very best in the nation.
- Provide an armed, alert and highly skilled after-hours security presence on campus ensuring the protection of students, staff, guests and property.
- Support all safety and security programs and protocols of the school and help to develop plans and strategies for continual improvement
- Serve as the primary contact for response to after-hours alarms received from the security monitoring company.
- Work closely with the contracted after-hours security provider to ensure the correct protocols are being implemented and consistently followed
- Serve as a primary liaison with local law enforcement, fire, and other emergency managers and first responders for any event occurring after hours.
- Support the Director of Safety & Security, other Agents and school leadership on developing a plan and strategy to assess the formation of an internal active shooter response team
- Support an annual internal safety and security assessment in addition to an external audit every 3 years
- Serve as a member of the Safety & Security Committee
- Support the development of operating plans for campus events and large group gatherings
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
- Accept and uphold Valor’s Statement of Beliefs
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor .
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
- Director of Safety & Security
- Other Safety & Security Protection Agents
- Campus Director
- Director of Student Experience
- Deans Office
- Douglas County SRO and other law enforcement personnel
- After-hours security team
- All staff and faculty
- All students
- All visitors and campus guests
Valor’s community continues to flourish as the confidence level in the safety and security program grows. With God’s hand of protection on the campus and strong leadership in this area, all community members remain safe and feel secure in the campus environment, specifically during after-hours. Valor’s safety and security protection program will be known nationwide as an exceptional model and one in which other schools and organizations would desire to base their programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice or job-related area
- Law enforcement or emergency management experience required
- EMT or Advanced medical training, preferred
- CPR & First Aid required
- Firearms trainings and certifications
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong command presence
- High moral character & integrity
- Solid organizational skills
- Exceptional communicator – both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic
- Good judgement & discernment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Surveillance skills
- Emotional intelligence
- De-escalation techniques and skills
- Maintain physical fitness, readiness and skills, including but not limited to self-defense/use of force/close-quarter combat skills and firearms proficiency.
- Pass a rigorous self-defense/defensive tactics, use of force and firearms (pistol, rifle) training program (including regular re-qualifications).
This position requires the ability to actively patrol a 35-acre campus and all buildings on foot, bicycle or other form of transportation in an effective manner. It is expected the individual in this role may walk 5+ miles per day.
Employees must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and could occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral/depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are varied and include classroom, office, and outdoor events while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is also varied.
POSITION TYPE: Salary, year-round C schedule
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+ hours per week, full-time
SUPERVISOR: Director of Safety & SecurityTo Apply: https://govalor.com/work-at-valor/?p=joboLNQgfwo