Care Givers for the POPLC Mother’s Day Out program are responsible for ensuring that children who attend are cared for in a safe and nurturing, Christian environment.
The role is approximately 10-12 hours per week with an optional 2-4 hours on Sunday morning. As with all positions at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, the Teachers and Care Givers must adhere to the policies outlined in the employee handbook, and perform all tasks and duties with honor, respect, diligence, and a commitment to the Church’s Statement of Faith.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Be available to the children and parents as they enter the room. Greet them with pleasant and welcoming facial expressions and voice tones.
· Provide loving care for children.
· Teach children about Jesus and His love through words and actions.
· Follow the schedule of activities set for the room.
· Perform diaper changing duties following the protocol described in the Policies and Procedures.
· Sanitize toys, furniture, equipment and changing table/pad at the end of each day.
· Organize the room(s) ensuring that toys, furniture and equipment are in their proper place.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or General Education Degree.
· At least one year of experience with children aged 3 and under. Amount of experience can be negotiable, depending on the individual.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to parents, other caregivers, and volunteers.
Ability to add and subtract decimals in relationship to timesheets.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several typical variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Completion and certification of CPR/First Aid classes every 2 years. (Copy of certificate required.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, and go on walks; sit, sometimes on the floor; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee will need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2013To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2013