At CrossPurpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization, affiliated with Providence Bible Church, and we believe that the non-profit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a Christian community on a mission to abolish all forms of poverty in Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on. We actively strive for diversity in our workforce. To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
CrossPurpose has been selected as a 2021 Best Places to Work by the Denver Business Journal!
The Career Coach is responsible for assessing the needs of the program participants, who we call “Leaders” and assist them through the process of self-sufficiency through career and community development. The Coach will use a variety of strategies to engage and support Leaders, including but not limited to: long-term case management, Skill & Employment development, resource referrals, soft skills training, and community building.
Case Management Responsibilities:
- Assist with intakes and assessments during Leader recruitment and admissions.
- Interview and help make decisions regarding admission of potential Leaders.
- Coach 30 Leaders (per program cycle) towards their self-sufficiency and career goals.
- Develop and implement Leader-centered goals and hold them accountable to the goals.
- Timely track and maintain all relevant case management data and notes in Salesforce.
- Develop Action Plans for Leaders off track of graduation goals and evaluate progress.
- Maintain weekly and monthly communication with Leaders to support KPI’s.
- Respond to Leader needs with appropriate resources and/or referrals to implement care plans. Provide follow-up with Leaders and collateral contacts as needed.
- Keep supervisors (Lead Coach or Program Director) updated on Leader progress.
- Work closely with the Program Team staff and centralized departments to ensure effective use of program resources.
Personal Development Training Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Program Team to create a safe & welcoming context for Leaders onsite and online.
- Attend all Personal Development activities during the first six weeks of the program.
- Exemplify and hold Leaders accountable to meet program values.
- Help the Program Team manage classroom needs.
- Aid Leaders in Project completion and reaching for professional standards.
- Prepare lessons and teach soft skill classes during Personal Development and Family Gatherings as assigned by the Program Director (e.g. communication, business skills, Pairin lessons, basic computer skill classes, etc.).
- Attend all Family Gathering events, helping with set up, program details, and clean up.
Skill Development and Career Development Responsibilities:
- Work with Leaders to identify viable career pathways and plan next steps.
- Help oversee Skill Development policies and procedures both onsite, offsite, and online.
- Assist Leaders in accessing financial assistance for education programs.
- Track Leaders’ progress through education programs.
- Help oversee Career Launch both onsite, offsite, and online.
- Oversee professional materials, critique interviewing skills, facilitate Leader submission of employment applications, interviewing, and onboarding into employment positions.
- Help Leaders secure permanent employment earning a wage of $18+/hour.
Family Gathering Responsibilities:
- Attend all Family Gathering events on Wednesday evenings.
- Help with set up, program details and clean up.
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of the complexity of poverty and a familiarity working with issues of poverty.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, or related field strongly recommended and master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years of cross-cultural experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, high standards, initiative and follow through.
- Proven ability to motivate others and solve problems.
- Team player who is willing to help other staff team members when needed.
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources.
- Strong commitment to Christian faith.
Salary + Benefits:
- Hours: 40 hours/week: Monday, Tuesday 8:00am – 5:00pm; Wednesday – 8:00am – 8:30pm; Thursday, Friday – 8:00am – 2:00pm; occasional other hours as scheduled by your supervisor.
- Salary/Wage: $49,000-58,800 annual
- Vacation: 15 days per year, plus the office is closed Christmas Day – New Years Day and staff have limited duties
- Sick Days: 6 days per year
- Insurance Benefits: Health, dental, vision, workers compensation, unemployment, short term disability, long term disability
These and other benefits are discussed in more detail in our Employee HandbookTo Apply: Please apply here: https://loxo.co/job/5s5sqd64lslaeuck. Email Taylor@coreventures.co (.co not .com) with any questions.