Education and Training
Career Path Developer
At CrossPurpose, we believe in being all-in, putting down deep roots in a community, and loving neighbors even when it costs us. We believe in telling people the truth, even when it hurts. These are just some of our values, and we take them very seriously. CrossPurpose is a faith-based organization, affiliated with Providence Bible Church, and we believe that the non-profit organization, working in tandem with the local church, most fully reflects God’s kingdom. As an employee of CrossPurpose, you will be joining a Christian community on a mission to abolish all forms of poverty in Denver. If you are just interested in a job, this opportunity is not for you. If you are looking for a way to live out your purpose, read on. We actively strive for diversity in our workforce. To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
CrossPurpose has been selected as one of 2021’s Best Places to Work by the Denver Business Journal!
Are you friendly and outgoing, but not overly chatty? Do you like a balance of people interaction and task focus? Do you have a naturally persuasive style, and do well at building consensus? Are you able to find creative solutions to a problem, within the guardrails of limited resources? Are you quick to pick up the phone and call someone that you have never met before? Are you able to do a quick and simple assessment of an opportunity before committing the time to a thorough evaluation?
The Career Path Developer will identify key openings in a variety of industries for new career pathways. They will work to develop viable training opportunities to meet market demand and program standards. They will be responsible for the building and initial roll out of each new career track ensuring excellence and ongoing feasibility. This position will also support the core activities of the Career Services department including prospecting new employers, supporting the CrossPurpose career coaches, and working to connect Leaders with jobs during Career Launch.
New Career Path and Training Partnership Research and Development
- Understand and keep updated on local labor market trends and employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors in the Denver metropolitan area.
- Regularly evaluate trends in the market across various industries in order to identify new entry to mid level entry points.
- Meet with companies, industry experts, and current employees in potential career tracks to establish training requirements.
- Select and manage training partners that can train our Leaders in the appropriate time and with appropriate support.
- Regularly present Industry trends, career track recommendations, and potential training partnerships to Career Services team along with other interested staff parties.
- Liaise with recruitment, admissions, and program teams to develop appropriate Leader requirements, messaging, and processes around new career tracks.
- Train the Career Training Specialist to integrate new career pathways into regular programming.
- Conduct reviews with employer partners on a regular basis to evaluate success of training and Leader placement.
Employer Prospecting and Relationship Management
- Market CrossPurpose’s programs and schedule daily prospecting/cold calls and face-to-face meetings with employers.
- Solicit feedback from employers about newly hired Leaders to identify any issues or concerns, and develop additional employment opportunities.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals.
- Manage training partnerships through the development and first iteration of all new career tracks.
- Document, consistently, accurately and in real time, all employer contacts, activities and outcomes into CrossPurpose’s computerized case management system (Salesforce).
Program Support Responsibilities
- Support Program Team members with education and information on career tracks offered for each cohort.
- Continuously work with Program Team members to review and identify employment needs for Leaders to meet program graduation goals.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a position with a research and/or data focus
- Preferred experience in economic analysis and/or an in-depth understanding of the local Denver economy
- Preferred experience in curriculum development and/or a strong understanding of skills-based training
- Experience in corporate customer service and/or relationship management
- Strong ability to consolidate large amounts of information into presentable formats for discussion and evaluation
- Ability to meet with and collect meaningful information from stakeholders and third-party researchers
- Strong analytical and innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong commitment to Christian faith
- Deep passion for the CrossPurpose mission and values
- Employee must provide a working laptop (PC preferred) and smartphone.
Salary + Benefits:
- Starting Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 + potential 5% performance bonus
- PTO: 12 vacation/personal & 8 sick days per year, in addition to office being closed Christmas Day – New Years Day
- Insurance & Retirement Benefits: Health, dental, and vision (for employee & family), workers comp, unemployment, retirement matching, and short & long term disability