Adult, Hospice, and Care Givers
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Collaborates with the Spiritual Care team to provide pastoral care services to patients and their family members. Responds to urgent situations, (codes or death) at the request or referral of administrative coordinators, nurses, family, etc. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in spiritual care, Arts or equivalent degree from college/university or institution accredited by the applicant’s institutional faith body. Completion of Roman Catholic deacon training and ordination is also acceptable if applicant does not have a bachelor’s degree. Formal study in a theologically related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field is allowed if applicant has a Master’s degree in spiritual care related field or equivalent, or is currently enrolled in such a Master’s degree program.
- Master’s degree in spiritual care related field or equivalent degree from accredited college/university or institution accredited by the applicant’s institutional faith body. Formal study in a theologically related field preferred
- Chaplains who have completed 4 units of CPE are expected to become board certified within 12 months. Exceptions must be approved by their manager. Board certification organizations include: National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc, Association of Professional Chaplains, Spiritual Care association (4 units), The Association of Certified Christian Chaplains, or equivalent. Chaplains are required to maintain current status with their certifying organization.
- Required for Home Health and Hospice positions only.
- Medium Work – exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. St. Francis Medical Center opened in 2008 to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services and Critical Care Unit. It also serves as southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate more than a decade as one of Healthgrades “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” and Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado’s top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you’ve always wanted.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We provide whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health we offer exceptional benefits to eligible associates.