Child Care Provider – Therapeutic Daycare Center
*Applicants who apply through third-party sites (Indeed, Monster, etc.) will receive an email from ApplicantPro to complete their application.*
The Child Care Provider position is responsible for maintaining a safe environment, creating and facilitating the daily activities for children in a daycare setting and providing some case management to the parents or guardians who place them. This position oversees and provides support to children and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in intake process as needed and assists with the transition of the child into and out of the respite center. Takes the lead in the supervision of children in care
- Creates and facilitates daily activities and routines for children while always maintaining a safe environment
- Monitors children during outdoor activities and interacts with the children to enhance their learning
- Prepares and serves snacks and meals
- Manages all assigned cases and maintains face-to-face contact as defined by the specific case needs. Develops and maintains a relationship with the child and the family members utilizing respite care services
- Develops and coordinates, in concert with the Respite Home Center Director, therapeutic, health, educational, cross-cultural and other pertinent resources for each case
- Complies with all legal and court related requirements relating to the role of the respite home, as it relates to each case
- Maintains contact with parents and the children in order to provide support and education as needed
- Maintains written case records and prepares necessary paperwork, documentation and reports on a timely basis
- Consults and coordinates with other service providers in a collaborative case-planning approach
- Participates in LFS team meetings regarding assigned or prospective cases
- Assists director with compiling, maintaining, analyzing and reporting statistical data to include outcomes and program performance
- Provides emergency on-call services as needed
- Becomes and remains familiar with state rule governing daycare licensure
- Participates in parent support activities as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a broad knowledge of child care practices, human development and the child welfare system
- Possess skills and sensitivity in working with children and families from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds with a variety of problems
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Skills in crisis management, problem solving and mediation
- Detail oriented, extensive documentation skills, organized and able to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team setting
- Skill in provision of direct services to children and families
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, Power-Point, Outlook and the completion of computer-based forms
- Possesses a valid Colorado driver’s license; has a reliable and consistently available vehicle; and is able to regularly travel throughout the agency’s service area by way of interstate highways and primary and secondary roads, including those passing through the mountainous terrain within the state and region. Must carry automobile liability insurance at the level of 100,000/300,000/100,000
- Demonstrates commitment to the Mission, Values and Vision of Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Applicants must meet the requirements for ‘small center’ early childhood teacher as outlined by the Colorado Office of Early Childhood. A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a similar field, one or two years’ experience in a child care setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bilingual preferred.
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains (LFSRM) is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and members of our community against the coronavirus (COVID-19). New hires must present proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination (if vaccines are available and the employee is eligible at the time of hire) or a completed Reasonable Accommodation Request Form approved by Human Resources.
Keywords: Daycare, Infant, Toddler, Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, Teacher, Childcare, Babysitter, Nanny, Social Work, Nonprofit, Education, Nursery, Crisis Center, Respite, Case Aide, Case ManagementTo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org