Children & Adult Ministry Associate
MISSION 98, INC., is seeking applications for a Ministry Associate. This 501(c)(3) ministry is reaching Denver for Christ by building relationships in apartment, motel, and mobile home communities. Our staff and volunteers demonstrate the care of Jesus by speaking the truth of the gospel, showing up, having fun, listening, teaching, sharing food, and providing seasonal school supplies and clothing.
- As a member of the Mission 98 ministry team, help lead ministry programs while building relationships with children, teens, and adults that convey the love of God and the good news of Jesus.
- You’ll also provide leadership in some combination of adult ministries (e.g., community meals, food/clothing relief, bingo) and special events (e.g., backpack distribution, Christmas parties, carnivals).
- Train, coordinate, and support volunteers and interns in ministry to at-risk children and families with guidance from senior ministry staff.
- Manage administrative tasks for children’s programs and your other areas of ministry leadership, such as scheduling, communication, and record-keeping.
- As a ministry team member, assist with other ministry programming and events as needed
- Collaborate with church and ministry partners to promote Mission 98 and encourage mobilization for mission
- Participate in mission team visits, intern programming, and development events
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, retreats, and events
- A committed Christian who demonstrates a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion for Mission 98’s mission is to share the love and good news of Christ with children, teens and adults in motels, mobile homes, and apartment communities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn from culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged populations
- Able to teach Bible lessons and lead Bible studies, plan and implement ministry programming, and recruit, train and encourage volunteers
Applicants may find more information at mission98.org and are invited to submit a cover letter (stating why you want to work at Mission 98) and a résumé to Bob Timm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is 20-40 hrs/wk. Some evenings and weekend hours are required with a base salary of $1,200 – $2,400/mon. Benefits not included at this time.To Apply: email@example.com