Youth and Children's Ministry
Children’s Director – Windsor Campus
WINDSOR CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
The Windsor Children’s Director (WCD) will support the Lead Pastor and Children’s Pastor’s vision for engaging, age-appropriate, God-centric spiritual formation ministry to children birth through 5th grade. As part of the Foundations Children’s Ministry Team, the WCD will strive to inspire, equip, and support parents in order to achieve Foundations Church’s vision in bringing the extraordinary life of Jesus to a lost and broken world.
- Must be a faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening in his personal relationship with Christ, models this and Him to others.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of biblical community.
- Primary Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Leadership, Serving, Shepherding
- In full, unwavering alignment with Foundations’ Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission, Vision, and doctrine.
- Desires to know and love God even more than s/he wants to be used by God (Jn 15:1-8).
- Consistently treats others in a way that proves to them that they matter to God and to us.
- Availability to give the position and ministry the time and attention it needs to be optimally successful.
- Urgent desire to handle conflict constructively and graciously.
- Humble, passionate, reliable, teachable, and a self-starter.
- Skilled in recruiting, training and leading volunteer teams in order to provide excellent children’s programming.
- Strong verbal, written and social skills that enable her/him to be an effective communicator to children, volunteers and parents.
- Exhibits the highest level of integrity in representing Jesus Christ and Foundations Church in all spheres.
- Ideally, some biblical training or a Bible degree with emphasis in ministry or children.
- Skill in utilizing various software including Word and Google Office
- A highly relational person with high emotional intelligence.
- Patience in collaborating with and developing/discipling volunteers with various personalities and skill levels.
- Time management that prioritizes ministry needs with attention to managing details and meeting deadlines.
- Ideally, experience in building volunteer teams.
- The WCD will work closely with the Foundations Children’s Pastor to architect the most engaging, age appropriate and meaningful Children’s ministry possible in order to nourish the deepest spiritual growth of our Foundations’ families.
- The WCD will work closely with the Foundations Children’s Pastor to architect the strongest, most well-trained, Christ–focused volunteer team enabling them to use their gifts to grow in their relationship with Jesus while serving the Foundations family.
- The WCD will partner collaboratively with Foundations’ Children’s Ministry Team (CMT) to build a vibrant volunteer system that includes recruiting, training, developing, appreciating and retaining.
- The WCD will work collaboratively with the CMT to plan and build clear, creative, compelling, and biblically-rooted weekly lessons for Preschoolers and Elementary children.
- The WCD will oversee the weekly weekend Children’s Ministry program on the Windsor campus.
- The WCD will collaborate with the CMT to coordinate and execute special events on the Windsor campus such Harvest Fest, summer camps, and Parent’s Night Out.
- The WCD will ensure the smooth operation and flow of the Children’s Ministry’s systems and processes on the Windsor campus.
- The WCD will maintain real-time communication with the Children’s Pastor as it relates to the Windsor campus’s Children’s Ministry.
- The WCD will share in the development of an inspiring, equipping and supporting ministry to Windsor’s parents.
- The WCD will participate in campus-related activities and responsibilities.
Drive for Results, Building Effective Teams, Time Management, Directing Others, Peer Relationships, Compassion, People Focused, Perseverance, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Savvy, Managing Vision and Purpose, Priority Setting, Organizing, Planning, Personal Learning, Motivating Others, Informing, Understanding Others, Sizing up People, Integrity and Trust
The WCD will have significant influence and input in shaping the spiritual growth and development of our children, families and volunteers.
RELATION TO THE STAFF
Based on our current, more centralized multisite model, the WCD will be directly responsible to and accountable to Foundations Children’s Pastor, who will provide general oversight and specific coaching to ensure there is alignment with Foundations’ overall Values, Vision, depth, and direction. Under the oversight of the Foundations Children’s Pastor, the WCD will be the primary leader of Windsor Children’s Ministry volunteer team. The WCD will also partner closely with the Windsor Campus Pastor to ensure the strongest local alignment, ministry momentum, team unity, and performance. The Windsor Campus Pastor will offer key input on the WCD’s annual performance evaluation and partner with the Foundations Children’s Pastor to implement real-time coaching and development. The WCD will be an integral, collaborative teammate on Foundations Church’s Children’s Ministry Team.
To Apply: Pam Cray 970-663-7625 x222 email@example.com