Youth and Children's Ministry
The Children’s Pastor is responsible to share God’s love to children and families by partnering with the parents of children ages birth through 5th grade and offering communities, programming, experiences, and resources to build and sustain the faith of children into adulthood.
Communities = Sunday Am graded experience for birth-5th grade (KidZone Ministries) for both 9:30am and 11:00am hours, discipleship within the communities, follow up on new parents.
Programming = Engaging Sunday morning discipleship experiences, and Community Outreach 6x/year (target), also a “check-in” system and “background checks” for workers
Experiences = Help Children to love Jesus and grow in faith, worship experiences, serving opportunities
Resources to build faith = Training for Teachers, Baptism Classes, training for Parents (parenting life group)
PURPOSE & NEED
A “normal” nuclear family makes up an ever-diminishing number of the households in our society. Most teens who attended church growing up do not make it into their mid-20’s with their faith intact. These realities emphasize the need for urgent and intentional efforts to aid parents in leading their families according to God’s plan and effectively passing on their faith to future generations.
In response, Amazing Grace will provide Bible-based, relevant, faith-building teaching and experiences in the context of a welcoming and accepting community to provide resources and foster the relationships necessary to help families on the journey towards biblical discipleship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ experience working with children in a church or ministry environment.
The successful candidate will possess basic computer and office skills, such as email and database management.
- Is a baptized, mature believer, committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Leads a life governed by God’s Word and Spirit, in submission to the eldership of Amazing Grace.
- Loves Jesus, loves the church and loves people; attends church services regularly.
- Displays a cheerful, positive Christian attitude, demonstrating a servant’s heart.
- Exhibits a high standard of integrity and confidentiality.
- Exhibits confidence and an ability to “think on their feet.”
- Ability to organize effectively and meet required deadlines.
- Helps to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values and goals of the church.
- Display a high level of energy and an infectious passion for kids and sharing Christ with them.
- Light the path. This includes at all times being an example for children that will help them develop their own personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Serving with a “whatever it takes” attitude!
FOCUS AREA • Children’s Ministry
- Develop and implement age-appropriate, relevant programming (Bible based life-groups, worship programs, service opportunities, events). This includes all aspects of recruiting & encouraging volunteers, implementing curriculum, and maintaining facilities and resources effectively.
- Recruit, care for, encourage, lead, and spiritually nurture the ministry volunteers. Treat them as the flock under your care.
- Partner with the rest of the Amazing Grace leadership team to execute the vision of the church.
- Be a champion and a resource for children and families inside and outside Amazing Grace.
- Develop and manage the financial budget for Children’s Ministry, being a good steward of the resources provided.
- Attend meetings of staff, ministry leaders, and retreats.
• Invest in improving your own spiritual, leadership, and ministry skills through regular reading and seminars/conferences.To Apply: email@example.com