Youth and Children's Ministry
Children’s Ministry Director
JOB TITLE: Children’s Ministry Director
Classification: Part time (10-20 hours/week)
Salary: $1000-$1500 per month (depending on qualifications)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
ChristLife Community Church (CLCC) is a God-focused, Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, and Spirit-driven non-denominational church. CLCC is located in Franktown CO, just minutes from the Denver suburbs of Castle Rock and Parker.
As an expression of our vision to grow a community of Christ followers who worship and witness in all of life, we are seeking a part-time staff Children’s Ministry Director (CMD). The CMD’s primary job is to develop and lead a program and a team that loves, serves and equips our children and their families in the truth of God and way of Jesus. We are looking for a person who is godly and gifted in the area of Children’s Ministry leadership. This is currently a part-time role, but our vision is to see it grow with the church and as the Lord leads.
The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible to serve God and serve the church by providing leadership for the development and implementation of the CLCC’s vision to help families train their children to love and serve Jesus Christ as Savior. The CMD’s primary role is to oversee the personal and practical aspects of Children’s Ministry (infants – 5th graders) at CLCC as specified below.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL …
- Have a personal and growing relationship with God through faith in Christ evidenced by a solid level of spiritual maturity.
- Be able to fully embrace CLCC as a church family along with its vision, ministry culture, and core beliefs.
- Be passionate about Children’s Ministry and helping children and families grow spiritually in the context of the local church.
- Have good servant-leadership and people skills, and organizational ability.
- Possess a commitment to and track record of doing Children’s Ministry as a team, including recruiting and leading a group of Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Be a hard worker but not a workaholic, a self-starter, reliable, trustworthy, and excellent at following
- Be able to balance big-picture thinking with a servant’s heart: willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done without getting preoccupied with tasks that can be delegated to others.
- Be able to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the point person, provide leadership, and coordinate ongoing programming (e.g. Sunday classes, special events and activities, etc.) for the Children’s Ministry at CLCC.
- Recruit, train, shepherd and support Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Facilitate scheduling and strategic planning for Children’s Ministry programs on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the Children’s Ministry team is equipped with curriculum, supplies, materials, etc.
- Help develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministry in collaboration with the church staff and leadership team.
- Connect the vision of Children’s Ministry with the overall vision of CLCC.
- Seek to provide support for other church ministries/activities that may need children’s programming and/or childcare.
- Become an active team member on the CLCC staff and participate in staff meetings as much as possible,
- Maintain, develop, and implement processes necessary for effective CLCC operations and security (e.g. check-in process and procedures, background checks for ministry volunteers, facility upkeep and upgrades, enforcement of safety rules, etc.).
- Work closely with Student Ministries (Youth) Director to assure smooth transition of children from elementary to student ministries.
- Shepherd and support parents and families on a regular basis
*The duties and responsibilities included in this description are not intended to be all-inclusive, and the individual might be expected to perform other ministry-related duties as needed.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com