Youth and Children's Ministry
Children’s Ministry Director
Children’s Ministry Director for Grace Point Church
General Description: Our Children’s Ministry director at GPC is responsible for the overall management of our Children’s ministries (birth through 6th grade)
Purpose and Scope of the Position:
Our Children’s ministry director is responsible for balancing many di erent roles. He or she is a program developer, vision caster, recruiter, organizer, teacher, evaluator, coach, trainer, counselor, budget manager and a friend.
Is supervised by: Our Children’s Ministry Director will be supervised by a pastoral staff member.
Is responsible to supervise: Children’s ministry staff and volunteers
• A passionate Christ follower who continues to lead an exemplary Christian life-style
• A member of good standing at Grace Point Church
• Demonstrates a call to children’s ministries and the skills of discipleship, administration, and teaching, which are needed to lead our children’s ministry to progressively higher standards of quality and excellence
• Demonstrates a desire to stay current with culture trends relevant to children
• A strong passion for kids, a deep love for God, a respect for spiritual authority and a positive attitude
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
Lead and manage our children’s ministry on Sundays, Wednesday nights and special events.
• Includes recruiting, training and supervising partners, ordering curriculum and supplies, manage registrations, planning and promoting various events.
• Have quality programs for infants through 6th grade on Sunday mornings.
• Provide quality programs for 3-years-olds through 6th grade on Wednesday nights.
• Provide quality special events which currently includes: Vacation Bible School, Fall Trunk or Treat, Pancake Breakfast, Parent’s Movie Date Nights, Easter Egg Hunt, Mission projects for families, Kids Baptism Classes as needed, Box Car Drive In, Family Movie Dinner Nights
• Provide childcare during the week as needed for Moms Connection and Women’s Bible Study Recruit, Train, Manage and Support our Kids Point Staff and Volunteers
• Oversee paid staff, having a monthly staff meeting and one on ones with each staff member.
• Oversee volunteer staff by providing quarterly volunteer lunches and one volunteer appreciation luncheon a year in June.
Be involved and available to kids and parents as we nurture the children of Grace Point Church and partner with their parents to ensure a purposeful and positive atmosphere for spiritual, social, and emotional growth.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Pray for and train paid children’s ministry staff and volunteers
• Recruit, interview, and schedule volunteers
• Show appreciation to volunteers on a regular basis in a variety of ways
• Secure substitutes in the absence of volunteers
• Evaluate programs, activities, curriculum and classrooms
• Continue to update our Kids Point Training Manual, brochures and handouts
• Coordinate with Pastoral staff and Pre-School Director on shared facilities
• Ensure Nursery Coordinator offers childcare for events requested by our pastoral staff
• Attend one Children’s ministry leadership conference a year
• Offer special classes as needed including baptism and new believer’s classes
• Follow up with new believers
• Provide ministry related info to church office for bulletins and email blasts
• Support our overall ministry at GPC by a ending church events
• Plan, promote and participate in young family events • Attend GPC staff weekly meetings for mutual support, scheduling and staff training
Other attributes and attitudes needed for this position:
– Positive attitude
– takes initiative
– well organized
– able to learn new tools as needed.
If interested, send us a recent pic and your resumé to email@example.com
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1769To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1769