Youth and Children's Ministry
Children’s Ministry Leader
At Anthem Church we want to create an engaging environment where children can experience God’s love, take steps in their faith, and use their gifts and talents to lead and serve.
You will build, develop, and lead the children’s ministry (6 months to 5th grade). You will help to create a thriving children’s ministry where the children of Anthem Church know they are loved by God, are having fun and are taking steps in their faith, where impact is being made into the community and where volunteers feel supported, resourced, equipped and encouraged, which in turn fosters creativity and innovation,
In addition you will have the opportunity to train and empower volunteers, as well as support and equip families. You will collaborate with the leadership team and staff to set the direction, vision, goals, and initiatives of the ministry. You’ll report to Anthem Church’s Senior Leader with dotted line reporting to the Worship Leader, and you will be mentored by members of the staff team.
Anthem Kids Ministry Vision and Curriculum
- Develop and implement the vision for Anthem Kids, within the context of Anthem Church’s vision and in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Prepare curriculum — either purchased, written or both — that executes on the agreed vision for Anthem Kids Ministry.
- Through the Anthem Kids ministry, reach out into the neighborhood and beyond.
Lesson Planning and Supplies
- Plan and distribute weekly lessons, order and / or restock supplies, and work with worship leaders to incorporate kids’ worship into lessons.
Volunteers and Parents
- Recruit and train volunteers (teachers and team leaders).
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers and parents.
- Meet quarterly with team leaders and biannually with teachers.
- Check in before and debrief after Sunday services with volunteer teams.
Anthem Kids Events
- Responsible for children’s arrangements for all church events (e.g. arrange child care for training events, etc.).
- Plan fun events for the children and families on (but not exclusively) Easter Sunday, Fall / Halloween and Christmas.
- Work towards hosting a summer VBS or summer camp.
- Draft and manage annual budget, agreed by the Finance Team.
- Oversee all safety protocols and compliance regulations; including volunteer background checks.
- Create a monthly Anthem Kids newsletter.
- Meet monthly with your ministry mentor and leadership coach.
- Look for opportunities to attend Children’s Ministry conferences and connect with Children’s Ministry leaders from other churches (within the city and beyond).
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Pastoral Care: Holds a deep care for parents, children, volunteers and the congregation at large.
- Self-Starter: Ability to own a project and run with it.
- Learner and Innovator: Desire for continued growth in yourself and your area of ministry.
- Collaborator and Team Player: Loves working with others and assumes their best.
- Team Mobilizer: Ability to recruit and build effective teams of volunteers and volunteer-leaders.
- Encourager: Ability to see the good in others and are intentional in affirming it.
- Approachable: Warm, inviting and easy to get along with.
- Emotionally Intelligence: Intuitive about others emotions and has the ability to respond appropriately.
- Hard Worker: Aware of the importance of your role and works hard to do your best.
- Effective Communicator: Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; preferably in the field of education, social work, biblical studies, or psychology (or equivalent experience).
- At least 2 years of experience working with children in a children’s ministry context.
- Experience in a leadership position at a church or campus.
- Proven experience leading teams and caring / shepherding others.