Hospitality (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
Client Services Manager/Event Venue Manager
The Client Services Manager/Event Venue Manager is responsible for a mix of in-office and event day duties. As an Event Manager, the incumbent will serve as the representative for Hudson Gardens during events. Event shifts can be expected to occur on weekends and late into the evening on a regular basis. As a Client Services Representative, incumbent will be working directly with event clients daily to ensure a positive client experience from the day they sign a contract to the day of their event. This is a full-time position. This position reports to the Private Events Manager. This is not an event planning position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Services Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary contact for all booked events leading up to and on the date of the event.
- Demonstrating a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the services offered and venues at Hudson Gardens and all proprietary venue practices, policies, and procedures.
- Responding to all client calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Guiding and assisting clients through the event planning process, including:
- Being client’s main point of contact after initial sale.
- Working with client to coordinate vendor services, including catering, entertainment, rentals, event/wedding planner, etc.
- Hudson Gardens does not provide event planning services.
- Regular follow-up with clients regarding their event.
- Conducting coordination meetings and final walk through with the client prior to the event.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
Event Venue Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Day of Event duties:
- Opening and closing venues per event guidelines. Event days shifts can range from 8-12 hour and may occur multiple times per week.
- Directing vendors to designated areas
- Communicating with all parties to ensure the best possible event for the client
- Submitting nightly reports for each event.
- Ensuring that Hudson Gardens fulfills all contractual obligations to clients.
- Ensuring that all vendors follow and comply with Hudson Gardens policies and procedures.
- Managing and thoroughly document any emergency situations during events.
- Ensuring venue cleanliness prior to and after events.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
A qualified applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of Customer Service Experience.
- Experience in the fields of hospitality preferred.
- Valid, unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in an efficient manner.
- Punctual and Dependable.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is a plus.
Typical working conditions associated with this position include:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Office duties take place in a typical office setting with quiet to moderate noise; Event Management duties take place in event venue with moderate noise.
- Special events typically occur outdoors in all weather conditions including hot, cold, snow or rain.
- Noise at special events can be moderate to loud.
The King C. Hudson & Evelyn Leigh Hudson Foundation, Inc., d.b.a. The Hudson Gardens & Event Center, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Employment is pending a background check.
To Apply: https://hudsongardens.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=19