College Ministry Resident/Intern
Position Title: MVCC College Ministry Coordinator
Direct Report: Pastor of Student Ministries
Emerge, the college-age ministry of Mountain View Community Church, is seeking an enthusiastic point person who will invest in our college-age students, create a vibrant community, and build a culture of growth and leadership.
Hours Per Week:
This position requires 15-20 hours per week.
- Be a mature Christian with a heart for young adults and the ability to relate well to them.
- Be compassionate, winsome, wise, engaging, fun-loving, and firm when necessary.
- Be able to teach the Bible in a group or one-on-one setting.
- Be committed to God’s Word and to prayer, trusting their power to transform lives.
- Be a team player who loves the church is committed to our vision.
- Be a college graduate. Coursework in Bible, theology, counseling is a plus.
- Be in agreement with MVCC beliefs, core values and mission.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers.
- Serve as the primary leader of Emerge. Cast vision, plan, lead a vibrant ministry.
- Recruit a volunteer team to multiply our influence and care.
- Program a weekly ministry spring, summer and fall.
- Provide regular in-depth Bible study for weekly meetings.
- Follow up with new students.
- Be an available presence for students to encourage, share Christ, counsel.
- Provide regular connection for students away at college.
- Create discipleship strategies for developing leaders, going deeper.
- Encourage integration into the life of MVCC.
- Identity and lead mission and outreach experiences.
- Work with the student pastor to provide transitional program for high school seniors.
Interested candidates should contact Steve Anderson for more information.To Apply: email@example.com