Anywhere in the U.S.
College Mobilizers invest in the lives of those interested in being involved with God’s work in East Asia and communicates God’s heart for East Asia at a local college.
Invest in the lives of those interested in being involved with God’s work in East Asia:
- Model a consistent witness for Christ, praying regularly for OMF’s ministry, other team members and people you are serving.
- Mobilize, recruit, and mentor college students for ministry to East Asia’s peoples.
- Coordinate opportunities to facilitate awareness of cross-cultural needs and involvement locally and globally.
- Lead a Global Ministry Group to encourage college students towards cross-cultural discipleship.
- Educate people about the urgent needs of East Asia’s peoples and the state of the church in East Asia.
- Meet with up to 5-10 college students monthly or bi-monthly to:
- Demonstrate interest in their lives and spiritual development;
- Encourage them to purposefully seek their role in God’s plan for the nations; and
- Direct them to take appropriate next steps in missions involvement.
- Connect with staff and faculty to partner alongside different seminars, classes and student organizations.
- Intercede on behalf of OMF co-workers and for college students considering service in East Asia by starting prayer groups or joining alongside other global prayer groups on campus.
- Ultimately, look for opportunities for you and your area of influence to get involved in the six ways to reach God’s world (pray, go, send, welcome, learn, and mobilize).
Communicate God’s heart for the nations and represent OMF:
- Truthfully and compellingly represent the ministry and vision of OMF on campus and to area churches.
- Inform and passionately challenge God’s people with practical ways to be involved in the global church.
- Help facilitate awareness, involvement and deployment opportunities within the local church and in local cross-cultural ministries.
- Encourage and challenge students to register for Perspectives on the World Christian Movement and other training opportunities.
- Help coordinate local events with local area leaders or other OMF staff.