Communications Assistant (Remote)
– Part-time; non-exempt; 8-hours per week
– $20-28 per hour, based on skills and experience
– Fully remote position; DC-Maryland-Virginia local preferred
– Reports To: Associate Pastor
Upload PDFs of Cover Letter and Resume to https://www.dropbox.com/request/CUon9oprzpmnw27sXXes. Please use the naming format Lastname-Firstname-Filename.pdf. Please also include links or images to a portfolio or sample work.
The Table Church, DC, is hiring a part-time Communication Assistant to promote the message of an inclusive, Jesus-centered, and justice-oriented Gospel to DC and the world. They will oversee the creation of marketing, outreach, and social media content and help tell the stories of The Table Church and its congregation. By using modern marketing and communication tools and a volunteer communication team, the Communication Assistant will utilize their talents to help those both in and outside of The Table Church congregation know about the message and events of The Table Church.
The Table Church staff does not currently operate offices. Therefore the position is entirely remote. Someone local to The Table Church, DC, is preferred but not required.
A computer, software, and other required working-from-home tools will be made available.
The Table is also hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant. A well-qualified person may be considered for both roles as a single position.
– An innate sense of good taste and a keen eye for design and clear communication
– Skilled in graphic design
– Self-motivated, able to work without continual oversight or management
– Ability to problem-solve, foresee problems, and suggest solutions
– The highest level of discretion of sensitive and confidential information
– Agrees with the mission and values of The Table Church
– Well-equipped to create with digital creation and desktop publishing tools (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Affinity Design, etc.)
– Advanced competency with social media posting, scheduling, and campaign tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, or similar)
– Competency with social media marketing and advertising
– Competency in remote working and online collaborative tools
– Tools we currently use: Zoom, Slack, GSuite, Todoist, Spark, Fantastical, Dropbox
– Advanced writing, copy, and communication skills
– Comfortable with website making tools like Squarespace, Wix, or Webflow
– Familiarity with blog publishing tools like Medium, Ghost, Substack, or WordPress
– macOS and iOS User
– Familiarity with Church/Customer Management Software
– Tools we currently use: Planning Center Online, Church Metrics
– Familiarity with Google Ads and SEO
– Photography skills
– Ability to occasionally attend Table Church services and events and take photos
– 1-2 hours: Meeting with pastors and staff
– 1-2 hours: Graphics and template creation
– 1-2 hours: Copywriting and marketing strategizing
– 2-3 hours: Social Media and Web Publishing posting and management
About The Table Church
The Table Church is unique:
– We believe that Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection reveal what God is truly like.
– We believe that Scripture, interpreted through the person of Jesus, is authoritative for our lives.
– We believe that following the way of Jesus is worth inviting others to give their lives to.
– It’s because of those beliefs that we work to be a place of radical welcome and inclusion. A more beautiful understanding of the Gospel should be explicitly anti-racist; should support leadership by all genders; should affirm LGBTQ+ people; and should work to do God’s will “on earth as it is on heaven.”
What Size is the Church? Depends on how you measure! Around 400 or more people call The Table Church their primary spiritual community and regularly give, serve, or attend one of our groups and classes. Sunday service attendance is around 100-200 hundred each weekend.
What Sorts of People Attend The Table? There are all sorts of folx at The Table that span age, stage, race, sexuality, and faith journey. The middle of the bell-curve is a lot of 20- & 30-somethings who are rebuilding their faith.
Are You Part of A Denomination? We are non-denominational, and leaders and congregation members come from various faith traditions, including Jewish and Muslim. However, our theology has been shaped more by Wesleyan-Arminian, Anabaptist, and Orthodox Traditions (think the Methodist, Nazarene, Mennonite, and Anglican denominations) and less by Augustinian, Reformed, and Calvinist traditions (think Southern Baptist, Christian Reformed, or Presbyterian denominations).
The Table Church believes that no aspect of someone’s identity should limit their ability to participate in the life of the Church entirely. Therefore: Membership, Employment, Eligibility for Eldership and Officership, other Church Leadership Roles, and Religious Rites (such as marriage, baptism, communion, and funerals) must not be denied based on one’s identity, including race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
All Elders, Pastors, and Employees must agree to adhere to our non-discriminatory values. Refusal to adhere may lead to discipline—up to termination of Employment, Eldership, or Officership.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2021To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2021