Community Engagement Director/Pastor
TITLE: Community Engagement Director/Pastor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Pastor of Shepherding Ministries or Director of Missions
PAY STATUS: Full-time, exempt, (salary range commensurate with experience $44,000 – $54,000)
POSITION SUMMARY: This person is a bridge builder, both relationally and programmatically, between Cherry Creek and other diverse communities or ministries in greater Denver. This position is a continuation and completion of the Acts 1:8 vision, with our hope being that they are “Samaritan” in their history and experience, with a focus on ministering in the greater-Denver middle cultures (which we are calling “Samaria”) between our culture (“Jerusalem/Judea”) and the world mission field (“the ends of the earth”).
Acts 1:8: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Strategic Initiative: Building Relational Bridges Throughout our Diverse Community
We are seeking a person who can naturally relate to one or more of the diverse socioeconomic and ethnic communities in Denver, and who also understands Cherry Creek’s cultural milieu, passion, and values. This person should have street cred, expertise, commitment, and buy-in for start-up, execution, and expansion of bridge-type ministries—involving people from CCPC with other diverse group(s). They should identify with diverse components of the inner city (both externally and internally). The person should have sterling character, spiritual vibrancy, an evident love of Jesus, and a special aptitude for ministering to a diverse population. Diverse here means people or groups of people unlike or distinct from the CCPC norm in racial, ethnic, economic, or life-experience terms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. To function as a community engagement coordinator for CCPC.
2. To intentionally develop new and diverse missional relationships in Denver.
3. To find ways of supporting and discipling other individuals and groups in our city.
4. To endear trust and cast a vision of unity in Jesus.
5. To rally and organize volunteers to serve Jesus together.
6. To work as a connected part of the Cherry Creek staff team.
7. To train people in whole-life discipleship.
8. To train professionals in how to live out our faith in their marketplace.
9. To increase our influence/overlap into our city in a loving, humble, patient way.
1. Christian beliefs compatible with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
2. Graduate or studies from a biblical school or Seminary.
3. Ordained, ordainable or eventually eligible to be ordained in the EPC.
4. Minimum 3-years’ experience in cross-cultural discipleship.
5. Demonstrate a strong ability to preach, teach and lead effectively in both large and small groups.
6. Strong relational skills.
7. If married, having a supportive spouse.
8. Must show evidence of good organizational skills while at the same time being flexible.
9. Computer literate and proficient.
10. Must be a team player, able to collaborate with other staff in a positive and effective manner.
11. Must be a self-motivated while having a humble and teachable spirit.
12. Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Lynn Hutchinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church Website: https://cherrycreekpres.org/To Apply: email@example.com