Contemporary Worship Minister
Contemporary Worship Minister
1st L.G. (First Baptist Church of Locust Grove, GA) is seeking a full-time Contemporary Worship Minister.
1st L.G. is a church about 30 minutes south of Atlanta, in the 8th fastest growing county in the nation, that is committed to reaching our rapidly growing community in Biblically relevant ways. We are a theologically conservative church that is determined to be current, innovative, and effective in connecting with people where they are and helping them become passionate followers of Jesus!
Our musical expression is Christ-centered worship along the styles of Passion, Elevation, Hillsong, Young and Free, etc.
We are looking for a creative contemporary worship minister to join our team and help us as we strive to excel in our worship environments and further impact our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We believe there is great potential and a wonderful opportunity for someone who is willing to embrace a challenge and who desires to be innovative in creating an authentic worship environment that draws people to Jesus.
· Are you intrigued by the opportunity to create a fresh, Christ exalting worship experience?
· Can you help lead and grow our worship services to the next level?
· Are you interested in bringing excellence in all aspects related to creating an engaging worship environment?
· Are you a flexible risk-taker who desires to work alongside a passionate pastor and joyful staff as you fulfill the Great Commission in a growing community?
· Do you have a passion to elevate the Lord and draw people to the feet of Jesus?
If you’re excited about reaching people who don’t know Jesus and developing passionate followers of Christ, then 1St L.G. might be the place for you!
While working in conjunction with the Lead Pastor, the Worship Minister is responsible for managing, developing, and executing a weekly worship experience that glorifies the Lord and engages with people. He is responsible for giving leadership to the creative and design elements of our worship services, as well as striving for production excellence. The Worship Minister reports directly to the Lead Pastor, coordinates with him, and fully supports his vision for the church. The ultimate goal of glorifying Jesus through the worship and the arts is to support the mission of our church, which is to connect with people where they are and help them become passionate followers of Jesus.
· Maintain an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus
· Develop relationships with the people in our church
· Intentionally invest in lost people so they can come to know Jesus
· Plan the worship services in coordination with the Lead Pastor
· Lead worship services
· Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministries of 1st LG
· Oversee all areas of production (audio, staging, lighting, vocal, instrumental, etc.) while embracing new technologies and methods
· Lead the various teams that make up the worship ministries (ie. Worship Team, Audio Team, Video Team, etc.) and raise up new leaders and team members
· Develop vocal and instrumental talent
· Other responsibilities as directed by the Lead Pastor
· Love Jesus and His Word
· Have a clear calling to serve as a Worship Minister
· Love reaching the unchurched
· Believe that worship through music and the arts is a vital component of drawing people to the heart of God
· Possess a passion and giftedness for worship
· Culturally aware and musically current
· Have a high commitment to the local church
· Meet the Biblical qualification of an Elder
· Possess a native expression of contemporary worship music
· Enjoy an engaging, celebratory (non-Charismatic) music style and worship environment
· Able to lead worship while playing an instrument as needed
· Able to read and write music notation and number charts
· Lead and direct instrumentalist in execution of their individual roles
· Proficient in editing and producing using computer based multi track software
· Possess a Bachelor or a Master’s Degree in music / Worship Arts (or have equivalent “ministry experience” in music and worship leading)
· Biblically grounded, theologically conservative, and methodologically innovative
· Experienced in sound engineering
· A team player and team builder
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Continually growing leader
· Positive attitude
· A self-starter and hard worker
· Strive for excellence
How to apply:
To be considered for this ministry position, please send a cover letter with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answer the following 3 questions in your cover letter:
1) Why are you interested in this position?
2) Why do you feel comfortable relocating to Locust Grove, GA?
3) What is it about you, that makes you think you are a good fit for this position?
Also, you MUST include recent videos (or links) of you leading at least three modern worship songs (preferably with a band). Video taken with a quality phone is acceptable as long as your voice and playing is clearly heard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A RESUME WITHOUT A VIDEO PACKAGE.
Links to ALL social media is required (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube channel).
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1733To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1733