Contract Meeting Planner
Position Title: Contract Meeting Planner
Compensation: tbd – Approximately 15 hours per week for a six-month project. Project starts in approximately November 2021 and concludes in May 2022
Reports to: Executive Director
Project, Organization, Mission and Purpose:
The Limb Preservation Foundation will be hosting an educational symposium in April of 2022 featuring healthcare providers specializing in limb treatment as well as the limb patient community. This will be the first large-scale educational conference the Limb Preservation Foundation has hosted, and we are seeking an experienced meeting planner to work with us to ensure the event runs smoothly.
The Limb Preservation Foundation provides hope, help and possibilities for people facing limb loss due to tumor, trauma or infection. We are an independent nonprofit founded in 1986 that serves limb patients in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, Kansas, and New Mexico.
The Limb Preservation Foundation supports patients through financial assistance, peer support, comfort packages, education and more. We underwrote the Ross M. Wilkins MD Endowed Chair at Colorado State University, which funds research advancements for limb conditions.
- Help with selecting a meeting venue for an educational meeting to take place in April 2022.
- Help to structure and design the educational programming.
- Help to develop a structure for working with the speakers and/or advisory committee.
- Make recommendations on marketing the education event.
- Help the staff to organize the registration of event participants.
- Provide on-site assistance during the event.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management and at least five years of on-the-job experience in event management
- Excellent computer skills in the use of databases as well as Microsoft Office products
- Experienced in the area of social media for the purpose of engaging the public meaningfully
- Must possess coordination and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to adapt to new developments
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to think outside the box by proffering creative solutions to problems
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to be calm under intense pressure will be key
- Must possess excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and plan different events at the same time.