Hospitality (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
MTI’s Cook position is responsible for preparing and delivering quality and excellence in meal service. Our cooks provide hospitality to our programs by serving meals and snacks to our program participants and staff.
· Cook reports to the Food Service Manager
- Member of the Food Service Team
Food Prep Responsibilities:
- Setting up, cleaning and organizing work area.
- Preparing ingredients for shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc. and preparing oven, utensils and grill for shift.
- Cooking meals according to food health and safety standards.
- Preparing food in an appropriate time frame.
- Understanding food restrictions and allergies.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping team members when needed.
Line Service Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent hospitality and customer service to those coming through the programs. Ex: able to communicate meal ingredients.
- Serving appropriate food portions.
- Serving in a safe and healthy manner.
- Meets special dietary requirements as needed.
- Storing all food properly.
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sanitizing and cleaning workstations.
- Perform cleaning duties in dining hall.
- Maintains trash cans throughout the shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Adherence to safety and sanitation regulations in the kitchen, dining hall, and other food service areas, educating all staff as appropriate.
- Participate in Food Service staff meetings.
- Assist facilities director and housekeeping supervisor as needed.
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ and who is growing in faith, character, and the knowledge of God.
- Ability to work on a team, relate, and work well with others.
- Models excellence in hospitality.
- Has a positive attitude with a “servants” heart.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred in a food services role.
- Able to follow recipes.
- Able to lift heavy trash.
- Has reliable transportation during all times of the year.