Customer Service Sales Associate; Part-time; Specialty High-End Paint Retailer
Want a job you can love with an environmentally conscious company? We can offer you specialized training with exclusive high-demand products and a fair, “people first”, work environment. You’ll work with top-of-the-line, environmentally friendly products and a clientele that includes some of the best contractors, builders and designers in the region–and homeowners and DIYers, too.
**Supporting and advocating for customers in their discovery, use and optimization of our products.
We invite veterans and retirees applicants to apply for this job.
Position Pay Range: $17 – $21 per hour
Starting pay will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified Candidates – please email your resume to email@example.com
Computer Literate: You must have basic office software experience and good keyboarding skills; we work on Apple computers.
Math & English: You’ll use a calculator for converting square feet of coverage into gallons of paint and stain. You must read, write and speak fluent English; if you are bilingual in Spanish, that would be a bonus for us.
**There is an opportunity to increase this to a full time position, if you have the ability to learn and perform paint tinting.
- Sales order entry and quoting.
- Consults with customers to understand intentions and needs (personalized sales assistance) via telephone and internet communications.
- Identifies opportunities to train, sell, and support customers (knowledgeably explains how our products are intended for use).
- Makes customer-first decisions (Helping clients achieve their goals).
- Creates positive outcomes when helping customers (building long-term relationships and word of mouth referrals).
- Builds and maintains knowledge of products and services by learning through others along with self-education.
- Troubleshoots processes and untangles problems.
- Maintains the organization, flow and appearance.
- Manages instock inventory (ensures appropriate inventory is available).
- Maintains sales-floor merchandising standards of in-stock products (Stocks and replenishes products).
- Shipping and Receiving
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal Soft Skills
- A solid “service attitude” towards our customers (always professional, kind and courteous).
- Ability to work with integrity in a “service-centered” environment.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively in both the front of house and the back of house dependent upon need.
- Understands the importance of being knowledgeable about products.
- Demonstrates conscientiousness (Good work ethic, reliable, punctual, attention to detail, commitment of purpose).
- Strong Communication skills (Communicates well both with clients and coworkers).
- Problem solving skills (ability to learn product and process information quickly and thoroughly).
- Organized with an ability to follow through.
- Respectful, professional, kind and courteous attitude towards co-workers.
- Consistently friendly, upbeat and curious.
- Has a consistently high energy level, and a love of learning.
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Drug- free environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offersTo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org